Ordering P3S this week.

Reaction score
Anything else I should know?

About what exactly?

P3S is fine , just don't crash it no matter which one you get . I crashed mine after losing a Prop. & it took sending it to DJI two times to get it right & all I broke was the Gimbal mount . I now have a Gimbal protector & Prop guards , probably not needed , but make me feel better when around Tree's .
They are a lot of fun & I think , because I'm a beginner , its all I need , not being a pro video Photographer , anything else to me is not needed .

Some people don't have $900 just lying around.
You can find deals in the classifieds in this forum or on ebay. I initially had my eye on P3A because seemed more affordable for me but just purchased a basically brand new PRO for $680 shipped overnight from a fellow member here. Some just upgraded or are selling for another reason and will give a fellow flyer a deal they can't pass up. If your willing to be patient and search you will find what your looking for. You might regret not going for the P3A or P3P.

I'll be honest, I had the P2 before I bought the PRO and wifi has nothing over lightbridge which the P3A and P3P have.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have the pro and it's great but if you don't have a computer that can crunch through 4K or don't need high resolution. The charger is like 57W vs. the pros 100W but you could buy quite a few batteries for that or a faster charger. I'd get the advance personally.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have the standard. If your just using it for hobby and pictures/videos for yourself then it's perfect. If your looking to use it to make money then you may want to look at one of the others. Have fun with it.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm in the same boat as you, I love this hobby but didn't have the money to get an advanced or pro. I got a standard and I love it.
I am personally not a big fan of sticking giant antennas off of my controller or spending hundreds on amps and extra batteries to run them, if you really care that much about distance, you should really buy the advanced or pro since you get plenty more distance out of the box.
I did my own custom mod with 3 panel antennas and it cost me less than $40. (Other mods + amps will be well over $200.) I am able to fly until the tree tops get between me and the bird, over 1000 meters with plenty of wifi interference.
If you're not planning to fly miles away, the standard is great.

Honestly I'd rather get it new.

I will say this about the P3S, is VERY prone to wifi interference and perhaps maybe the whole line is. I've experimented with mine and there are areas where it simply won't keep a reliable connection even 20 feet away. I have noticed interference from my own cell phone which I've elliminated simply by putting it into airplane mode. I believe this is the reason why even with new antennas such as the DBS mod users report deminished distances from the same areas they've flown in the past. I've seen the same thing and assume it's due to increased interference reception in problem areas with better antennas amplifing interference, take the drone into the country and shut down any local interference and distances are tremendous take it back into a urban environment and back to diminshed results. In a nutshell, don't expect to fly DJI drones in a lot of urban environments, they're to prone to interference.

I would skip the standard and go with the Advanced. I bought the standard at first but soon found that the signal would drop out too soon and returned it for the advanced. The advanced is not that much more than the standard and gives you a lot more features and range for just a few more dollars.

put it this way... I had the standard.... 3 days later... exchanged it for a advanced just because it uses Lightbridge. I live in a very built up area with a train track next to me.... the standard only went 30 meters before it lost signal...then the advanced got me to 1010 feet before I lost video connection (but can still control the drone) plus the standard only managed to get me 3 satellite's..... the advanced with Lightbridge gets me 18 satellite's.....believe me.... save up that little bit longer otherwise you will be sending the standard in for repairs more times then flying :p

I don't live in a city but I fly over my neighborhood and it's pretty densely populated and with plenty of trees. I can hit 1000 meters with no problems with my standard.. I have no idea where people getting 20 meters are trying to fly..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4