Ordered an H3-2D

Reaction score
I know they are discontinued, but I really didn't want to have to mess with spacers and stuff for the H3-3D and I have no need for the third axis.

Ended up finding the H3-2D in stock at B&H, at least according to their website, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Really hoping it is as expected and shows up when it says it will.

For those interested, here's the link...

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1 ... tom_2.html

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Mine arrived from B&H about a week ago. It works perfectly on my Phantom 2 (version 1). Prompt shipping and no problems with B&H.

sgruby said:
Mine arrived from B&H about a week ago. It works perfectly on my Phantom 2 (version 1). Prompt shipping and no problems with B&H.

So relieved to hear it! Can't wait to get mine.

I had no need for the third axis and didn't feel like having to wait for the adapter to come in or hacking up the shell.

Out of curiosity, did you do any firmware updates to the H3-2D when you got it or were you ok? Which firmware is your P2 running?

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

I'd say you have to be running at least firmware v2 on the Phantom, according to the release notes that's when they patched in -2D and -3D support.
yes, there are firmware upgrades to the gimbal. they'll show up in Phantom Assistant once you have it installed & connected properly, and power up the Phantom plugged into your computer. They don't show up prior.

I'm running latest firmwares on everything, no issues.

Got the gimbal installed. Right out of the box, gimbal seems to level itself just fine and the tilt control works, albeit the numbers in the Assistant software are a little screwy so I'm going to recalibrate.

I have my first contract gig coming up this weekend so I am extremely hesitant to update firmware at this time point. Aside from needing to update the Phantom itself, it doesn't seem as though the gimbal needs anything. Everything seems to be functioning just fine.

Going to take her for a test flight tonight and see how it goes.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers