Optimal I Pad Mini 3 Wi-FI + 4G Settings

TCW

Reaction score
Just received my I Pad yesterday and beginning the set up for becoming a dedicated device for my new P3P. Not being an Apple guy, what settings should I be aware of being sure are selected or de-selected for optimal performance. As stated, this will be a dedicated device. I had to open an I Tunes account in order to download the DJI Go App iOS Version v2.1.0.. Now the App is asking me to create an account. Is it recommended or required in order to use the app? Just FYI, I've owned the P3P a couple weeks and only unboxed it to look it over, while waiting on the I Pad to come. I'm going to spend my next days setting up the device and getting the FW updates on the P3P and RC. Thanks for any advice..Tim

Just received my I Pad yesterday and beginning the set up for becoming a dedicated device for my new P3P. Not being an Apple guy, what settings should I be aware of being sure are selected or de-selected for optimal performance. As stated, this will be a dedicated device. I had to open an I Tunes account in order to download the DJI Go App iOS Version v2.1.0.. Now the App is asking me to create an account. Is it recommended or required in order to use the app? Just FYI, I've owned the P3P a couple weeks and only unboxed it to look it over, while waiting on the I Pad to come. I'm going to spend my next days setting up the device and getting the FW updates on the P3P and RC. Thanks for any advice..Tim

Do most create an account on the DGI Go App?

You have to set up the DJI account or the app won't work. I believe so anyways. Plus that's how you get the flight logs and support.

As far as settings, sorry I can't help. I also own the mini 3 on the sprint network but all I do is turn on airplane mode after it gets the locations maps.

Do most create an account on the DGI Go App?
Yeah you have to create an account. Make sure if it asked for an aircraft name you pick something good because you can't change it once it's set.

Is my location service still active in airplane mode?
No-- you have to be on wifi or LTE.
There are settings in the IPAD under Settings/ apps/ DJI GO app that you have to enable for the app;; Location while using the app; photos'' use celluar data.
If this is your first rodeo with the Phantom-- check this out thoroughly

Attachments

• DJI Phantom P3 Summary Guide.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 925
No-- you have to be on wifi or LTE.
There are settings in the IPAD under Settings/ apps/ DJI GO app that you have to enable for the app;; Location while using the app; photos'' use celluar data.
If this is your first rodeo with the Phantom-- check this out thoroughly

bobmyers

I have the guide, thanks..also, found the app setting regarding DJI Go app access to location services. Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1