Opinions wanted

Reaction score
So I've just gotten into the DJI drones (Black Friday sale and waiting on my Mavic) and wanted to try a video with actual thought to it. Mostly I just go out and fly around and record. But today at the park, I decided to get shots of my daughter playing and piece it together. I used free youtube music to tie it together and would like some feedback.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm just getting my feet wet and getting a P3 soon (Hopefully). I dig the video clip you made looks like a short clip to a movie, came out good. This is the same thing i'm looking to do with my kids, but with all these rules for the drones, i'm a little afraid, I'll probably be doing it in my backyard to begin with and see how it goes from there. Looking forward to more vids.

I'm just getting my feet wet and getting a P3 soon (Hopefully). I dig the video clip you made looks like a short clip to a movie, came out good. This is the same thing i'm looking to do with my kids, but with all these rules for the drones, i'm a little afraid, I'll probably be doing it in my backyard to begin with and see how it goes from there. Looking forward to more vids.

Always good to smart small. The P3S has a zoomed effect with the camera, so it makes it seem like I'm closer then I actually am. I stay under 400 feet and don't usually fly over people. If I do fly over people, I make sure to have my finger on the mode switch so I can take over and move the drone away from the people. So just plan ahead and know what your doing.

You have also got to remember how sensitive people are about anyone photographing children, especially in parks etc. You hear stories about men photographing their kids at the school gates on their first day at school being 'interviewed' by police.

You have also got to remember how sensitive people are about anyone photographing children, especially in parks etc. You hear stories about men photographing their kids at the school gates on their first day at school being 'interviewed' by police.
Yes I'm aware if that I do security for the school down here.

Time are different now, it's not the same as when we were children. Lots of crazies out in this world, I mostly do security for after school events or when events are done outdoors.

Always good to smart small. The P3S has a zoomed effect with the camera, so it makes it seem like I'm closer then I actually am. I stay under 400 feet and don't usually fly over people. If I do fly over people, I make sure to have my finger on the mode switch so I can take over and move the drone away from the people. So just plan ahead and know what your doing.

Yeah sensitive about that with my kids. Made nsure no other kids that aren't related to me were in the shot.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Im in the US, Schools here has alway have security officers in the schools. (at least where I grew up and lived)

It's pretty crazy in the US these days with any kind of work with kids. If I want to volunteer at a school function for my daughters, I have to get my clearance. My wife and kids also do community theater and for that, since we work with kids, I have to get a state and federal clearance.

Although in my neighborhood when I fly the drone the kids all come around and want to see it, the parents are pretty eager to check it out too. But I would never film and upload a video of someone besides my kids.

Im in the US, Schools here has alway have security officers in the schools. (at least where I grew up and lived)
ohh I see. Happy to say our police dont carry guns. It is very rare over here for anyone to own a gun. Most have never even seen one. Must be worrying to have to employ security guards at schools. I think it would make national headlines if we ever had to do that.

Having said that with our "open door" policy we are getting nasty people taking advantage and no doubt in the future we will have to do the same. Sad to say the police carry them at airports and London railway stations now.

Having said that with our "open door" policy we are getting nasty people taking advantage and no doubt in the future we will have to do the same. Sad to say the police carry them at airports and London railway stations now.

Yes that is true,
and to Spiderpig forgive us for going off topic.

So I've just gotten into the DJI drones (Black Friday sale and waiting on my Mavic) and wanted to try a video with actual thought to it. Mostly I just go out and fly around and record. But today at the park, I decided to get shots of my daughter playing and piece it together. I used free youtube music to tie it together and would like some feedback.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I like it. Looks "professional" to me.

Its really good to get great footage of your own family. Makes a great way to look back on it over the years as they and you grow older.
Unfortunately the world has gone made on privacy and laws relating to it.
I can fully understand that there are some real sick people out there and they need to be dealt with harshly. Its the same old story, as in some one does something stupid then every body gets tarred with the same brush and so on.
Where will it end?

Why would a school want security? Thats like saying Mothercare need bouncers. :)

Because kids nowadays show up with no respect for others and authority, which makes it impossible for teachers to do their job. Wasn't always this way, but it is now. So now, there's a need to have someone around who can get 'em under control when they decide to make trouble.

ohh I see. Happy to say our police dont carry guns.

Oh, so it's just the jihadists there to kill you who have them then?

Brings back memories...seeing one of those roundabouts/merry-go-rounds. Don't think I've seen one here in Miami in over two decades. Nice video.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.