Operator error; Video

Reaction score
Need some help. Shot in 4k today. Playback is awful. Looks like an 80s CCTV video. Choppy as hell. Sure it's me or my equipment just need to know where to start. Tried playing back on my late 2008 MacBook. Not up to the task? Thanks for your reply.

2008? That's a dinosaur :) You need a pretty beefy computer in order to play back 4k video before it has been processed.

My 2 year old work computer won't even play back unprocessed 4k in a tiny window. Don't feel bad. Like msinger was saying, you need a very recent machine for this. Now lets say you want to edit that video? You need even more! Welcome to 4k video, my friend.

I forgot to add that in the meantime just shoot in 1080p 60fps and you will still be very happy with the video.

It might, might, be capable, but as a test go shoot some 1080 video and see how the machine plays that back for you.

If you are referring to 'video stutter' it is probably your player. I dont use a MAC so I dont know which you to advise you to get. Do a forum search for 'video stutter' and Im sure you will get something to try...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic