Opening the Phantom - trouble with the Philipsheads

Reaction score
Hi, I'm trying to open my Phantom, but am stuck with the small Philipshead screws at the tip of each arm. They just won't budge, and I'm afraid I'll damage the screws.

They are stuck so tight I'm beginning to feel like they are glued in place.

Any tips on how to remove them?

Scalpel78 said:
Hi, I'm trying to open my Phantom, but am stuck with the small Philipshead screws at the tip of each arm. They just won't budge, and I'm afraid I'll damage the screws.

They are stuck so tight I'm beginning to feel like they are glued in place.

Any tips on how to remove them?

Philips screws must be unscrewed first (before the hexa pair screws that join hulls) because they will get to much pressure. if you already unscrew hexas, remount those pa irs in each arm and when ready, try unlock philips first. Also, you can try carfeully give some heat with a hair dryer for softening philips track.

Thanks, I went to work and borrowed a bigger Philipshead that also had a better match for the screw, and then it came out like a charm.

Definitely buy the extra screws. The cost about $6. Red Rocket carries them. As soon as the screws seem like their stripped, get rid of them. No reason to risk having them getting stuck and you can't get them out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20