Opened a can of worms

Reaction score
I asked on a caravan site if a drone would annoy them on the campsite, well apparently all us drone pilots want to do is take pictures of their children, made me so angry. Ignorance is almost astounding. Ive tried explaining the stupidity of this argument, or is it me that is the naive one ? Im fuming.

It's incredibly common, unfortunately. I have 2 close neighbors who wondered if I was looking in their windows, until I showed them what I can see from 400 feet, which was BARELY their roof. They changed their thinking quickly.

I asked on a caravan site if a drone would annoy them on the campsite, well apparently all us drone pilots want to do is take pictures of their children, made me so angry. Ignorance is almost astounding. Ive tried explaining the stupidity of this argument, or is it me that is the naive one ? Im fuming.

Come on, admit it -this is exactly what you wanted to do, take pictures of their children. ;)

Reminds me of some lady asking what I can see as I was flying over a wooded area. I told her nature, ponds, wildlife. I asked her gently what she thought I was looking at? Her replay was "you never know" with a nose up in the air walking to her car. Her body language and tone was that of someone who had her mind made up I was somehow spying on someone.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Take it to a nude beach and ask the same questions. :eek:

Reactions: Squirrel!
It was a caravan site, basically i told the woman you'd get more pics off her fb page, she said "mines private" i said you better check your privacy settings cos its not. She went mental and made herself look a fool. Some were ok must most was total ignorance with not a hope of changing views.

Yes people can be ignorant at times, sometimes I think its because there jealous we are having so much fun!

Or maybe it those air to ground missiles your packing on your drone that scares them. LOL

You wouldnt believe some of the misconceptions. They think they are super zoom sattelites that can see through your clothes

A drone awareness program needs to be set up in various country's. Obviously with safety measures in place and relevant permissions. Invite the public and show them just how useless the video and photos are at a decent height. I've shown a few passers by who say the believed you can zoom right in a spy. And they went away relieved that the footage isn't what they thought it would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't feel it's a fair comparison Tommymonkey even considering the subjects don't likely know you are photographing them from inside or on a balcony at some distance away, etc.

Your field of view is only what's in front of you with much or most other 'things' obscured behind terrestrial objects and somewhat in public view anyways.

The drone is sort of in-your-face (hovering or flying above) and you can re-position to get your vantage point around items obscuring your view like privacy fences.

Whenever I hear caravan I always think of that Brad Pitt movie he did over in Ireland, he was a fighting SOB and, was "perfectly fooked" lol

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh, you don't know? Most people are morons. Knowing that makes life a little less surprising.

Reactions: Fat Daddy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj