Ooops...fried my fpv transmitter

Reaction score
Took my P2 out for a spin for the 1st time in a long time yesterday. Everything went great. It will likely be a while before I fly again, and I accidentally charged the battery all the way up (when I know it will be a while, I try to charge the battery half way or so for storage). So I was going to pop the battery back in and have the rotors spin for a bit to take a little bit of charge off, and I forgot my fpv antenna was not on the transmitter (Boscam TS353). I realized almost immediately but the 3-4 seconds were enough. A little smoke and burning smell and it won't send a signal.

My question is: Would I have done any other damage? Like to the iOSD Mini? What else do I need to check? I'm ordering a new TS353 today. Thx.

CJ31 said:
Took my P2 out for a spin for the 1st time in a long time yesterday. Everything went great. It will likely be a while before I fly again, and I accidentally charged the battery all the way up (when I know it will be a while, I try to charge the battery half way or so for storage). So I was going to pop the battery back in and have the rotors spin for a bit to take a little bit of charge off, and I forgot my fpv antenna was not on the transmitter (Boscam TS353). I realized almost immediately but the 3-4 seconds were enough. A little smoke and burning smell and it won't send a signal.

My question is: Would I have done any other damage? Like to the iOSD Mini? What else do I need to check? I'm ordering a new TS353 today. Thx.

Sorry to hear this.

It is likely to be the output stage of the TX so would not expect any other damage. Let us know how you get on.

I have been paranoid about this and so never remove my antenna, even when in the back pack.

Thanks. Currently I have to remove my antenna due to the way I fit it into the case. Might have to make an adjustment. Never realized it would happen so fast though.

Hang a reminder tag of some type on your Tx, like I do on my gimbal clamp...I thought I would remember each time but I don't, so the tag works...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj