Only three props turning

Reaction score
Need some imput from you guys. Had a crash and afterward only three motors are running. I just replaced the motor...no change. Do I need to replace the board??? Not sure how to proceed here.

Did you verify that the ESC (circuit board in each arm) in that arm is still connected to the NAZA, and wired to the mainboard for power? The crash could have cause the ESC control wire to come unplugged from the NAZA, or the power joints to separate.

If those are all good, the next step is to check and probably replace the ESC board itself.

Those connections are all good. I am looking at ordering a new board...some vendor ask for color and some don't...is that really necessary or are the all the same.

If you have a P1, the front arms require ESC's with red LED's and the rear arms need the green ones. On a P2 it doesn't matter, all ESC's have both color sets.

harvey said:
I ordered a green board for my P2...that was the color under that arm.

Do you mean the board you ordered was actually green itself? If so, or even if it specified a color for the LED's, that's probably an ESC for a P1 not P2, the connections are different so it won't work.

The P2 ESC's aren't supposed to be separated by color of the LED's, they all have both green and red on them (which produces yellow as well). The P2 ESC's are black boards and should be easy to tell from P1 ESC's.

Yup.

Call up and change your order ASAP.

OI Photography said:
If you have a P1, the front arms require ESC's with red LED's and the rear arms need the green ones. On a P2 it doesn't matter, all ESC's have both color sets.

Does this mean (on the P2) that I can switch the wiring? Inotherwords, reverse it (green in front, "stop lights" in back kinda like on a car)? Getting used to seeing red lights in front, but, still considering it.

Thanks,
Rob

(sorry a little off topic)

RobertMfromLI said:
OI Photography said:

Does this mean (on the P2) that I can switch the wiring? Inotherwords, reverse it (green in front, "stop lights" in back kinda like on a car)? Getting used to seeing red lights in front, but, still considering it.

Thanks,
Rob

(sorry a little off topic)

I'm afraid it's not that simple with the stock ESC's :(

The commands for which color the ESC/LED's display is sent from the NAZA flight controller, and it's hardwired with that configuration (red in front).

However, if you are really determined to change the color scheme, there are other ways to do it: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16552&hilit=neopixel

OI Photography said:
RobertMfromLI said:
OI Photography said:

Does this mean (on the P2) that I can switch the wiring? ...

I'm afraid it's not that simple with the stock ESC's :(

The commands for which color the ESC/LED's display is sent from the NAZA flight controller, and it's hardwired with that configuration (red in front).

However, if you are really determined to change the color scheme, there are other ways to do it: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=16552&hilit=neopixel

Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AdriSmitJnr