Only can choose professional but i have an advanced

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Yesterday my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced finally arrived, but i have some problems with it.
When i connect my drone to the app, i only can choose DJI Phantom 3 Professional (and i got an advanced) i tried to reinstall the app, downloaded it on different devices etc. but i always only can choose the Professional version. And if i chose the professional version the camara doesn't work and i can't connect to my drone.

Why i can't select the DJI Advanced version?

Kind regards,
Siemen.

Click the part where it says PHANTOM 3 PROFESSIONAL. There should be a drop-down menu. Select PHANTOM 3 ADVANCED.

Delete, reboot and reinstall DJI Go app.

I JUST got my P3A also (2/25) and I have the same problem.
Without being connected, I can select any quad. (didn't know I had to swipe to select the P3... found out by accident).
When I connect and if I have NOT selected the advanced, I cannot select it and only the P3P is available. I have to power down and start over.... an app bug.

Go with the litchi app I have found it to be so much more user friendly.
Do they offer a "try before buy" option? I saw that and have read that it is better so I wanted to try it out....

No they make you pay for it. I wasn't going to buy it but then my PS3 was giving me problems with my tablet connecting so I went ahead and bought it. Runs really nice. I mean I liked the Dji app because it was easy and direct but also is the litchi and I found the follow me perks to be useful..

No they make you pay for it. I wasn't going to buy it but then my PS3 was giving me problems with my tablet connecting so I went ahead and bought it. Runs really nice. I mean I liked the Dji app because it was easy and direct but also is the litchi and I found the follow me perks to be useful..
hhmmm... well you have convinced me then, along with everything else I have read about litchi.
Thanks!

I'm still have the same problem, now i tried to set new firmware on my phantom advanced and it also fails all the time, i tried anything, is my drone broken? And how about repair, i bought it at an only deal website (no drone webshop)

Hi Guys,

Yesterday my DJI Phantom 3 Advanced finally arrived, but i have some problems with it.
When i connect my drone to the app, i only can choose DJI Phantom 3 Professional (and i got an advanced) i tried to reinstall the app, downloaded it on different devices etc. but i always only can choose the Professional version. And if i chose the professional version the camara doesn't work and i can't connect to my drone.

Why i can't select the DJI Advanced version?

Kind regards,
Siemen.
I had the same issue when I got my advanced a couple of months ago. I didn't know that I could get the advanced choice in the app homepage so I flew it professional for ages.
Even now sometimes it won't show a " advanced " choice so I enter camera mode in professional and fly no with no worries.

I'm still have the same problem, now i tried to set new firmware on my phantom advanced and it also fails all the time, i tried anything, is my drone broken? And how about repair, i bought it at an only deal website (no drone webshop)
I looks like a HW failure. Just contact DJI. They will help no matter where you have bought it.
Good luck and keep us updated.

I had the same issue when I got my advanced a couple of months ago. I didn't know that I could get the advanced choice in the app homepage so I flew it professional for ages.
Even now sometimes it won't show a " advanced " choice so I enter camera mode in professional and fly no with no worries.

The problem is that i can't connect to my drone in professional, i can't see my camera etc.

I tried to do the firmware updates but they alway fail, did you had the same problem?
Altijd wanneer ik de firmware update doe krijg ik steeds een failed melding, had jij dit ook?
We seem to be fellow country men. ;)
Where did you buy the P3A?
I can help you to contact DJI in the Netherlands.
Please give you email address, so I can you send you a personal mail.

Last edited:
My app sometimes does not connect if I turn the app on too soon after starting aircraft. If that happens I shut down the app. Unplug and replug usb, start the app and all is fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj