Only 3 of 4 battery lights

Reaction score
Need some help all.
My battery is only showing 3 of the 4 battery lights lighting up after charging.
Anybody know why?
See pic.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1442413466.193361.jpg

Push in on the power buton and hold for 5-6 seconds and see how many led's light up. Let us know. Also you can connect to the assistant and go to the battery tab and see what % of the battery it show is still good.
Three light after a full charge is indicating only a 75-85 % charge. May have a bad cell. How old is the battery also and how may cycles has it been through. Check it in the assistant.

The battery is brand new. Charged twice. I took it for a flight and sure enough I got the 'critic low battery' warning at 48% and then 'system error' warning at 47% and then the autoland kicked in. Now I figure the battery firmware needs to be updated but when I plug it in I don't get prompted to upgrade. Oh, and when I plug my other(good) battery in...the loader and the firmware are different. I've tried all the different Assistants as well with no luck. So I put a request into dji but don't expect to hear back from them any time soon. Frustrated!

I had this happen on a non-OEM charger. When I used the OEM one I had no problems.

Happened to me when my charger was going bad and wasn't putting out full voltage. Plug the charger in and put a meter across it and it should read 12.6v if good. Bought a new OEM charger and the world is right again. My charger went bad after only 1 year.

Last edited:
Matt putting in a request to DJI will get you flustered. You may want to give tech support a call. They will replace the battery if it's 30 days or less old. After that you'll be out the $$$ to replacment. You may have to call several time and you will finally get put in the phone que and work you way up. Good luck!

Thanks for the info on the charger. I don't believe that would be the issue though because it charges my other battery with no problem at all. I'm starting to think I just got a dudd battery.

So I just noticed that the model # on my brand new battery is ph2-5200mah-11.1v V2.0 and the model # on my old battery is 733496-5200mah-11.1v. So it seems the new style battery doesn't want to work in my old style p2v+. Ugh! It's brand new...I'd hate to have to send it back.

I just noticed this on a battery of mine that is 6 weeks old. Hold the buttom 5 sec or so until the red light flashes. 3 solid leds and the 4th one flashes. I plugged it into the assisstant and is reads 5 charges and 97% life. So which is more accurate? The LEDs or the assisstant?
Thanks Jack

Hmm. IDK if it V2.0. How do I tell bud? But yeah it works fine. Normal flight time, normal warnings, normal charge times. Assit says 97%. It's my newest battery. Others have 25-30 cycles and still show all 4 LED at 92-93% life.

Hey Matt. 2 of mine are and 2 are not. The one in question is. Whats the difference?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers