One screw short of success - P4P camera gimbal rebuild

Reaction score
So, back in June I managed to crash my P4P into a field goal post at my son's high school graduation party. I bent the yaw arm and while removing the yaw motor I managed to ruin that motor. I finally managed to locater a replacement yaw motor...have the replacement yaw arm...all the pieces are in place to do the repair. Except for one tiny screw that holds the yaw motor to the yaw arm. It dropped from my workbench and I cannot locate it anywhere.

So where does a guy find a replacement screw for the yaw motor? Or even a package of all the screws in the camera/gimbal assembly? I can't let this one screw be the death of this rebuild project!

Nate

Some hardware stores have a miniature screw section for SAE and Metric applications. Someone who buys and sells phantom parts might chime in and have what you are looking for.

And them correct answer to my questions issss......keep looking 0on the floor. Found the little bugger about 15 feet from where I thought it would have landed.

Attachments

• 2017-07-21 17.00.28.jpg
    2017-07-21 17.00.28.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 325
What did you do to break the first replacement yaw motor? Were you trying to swap the rotor housings?

What did you do to break the first replacement yaw motor? Were you trying to swap the rotor housings?
I bent the yaw arm in a crash. While removing the yaw motor so I could replace the yaw arm I managed to round out the Phillips head on the very last screw that holds the yaw motor to the yaw arm. Had to drill that screw out. Drill bit was sharper than I anticipated and drilled right into the yaw motor windings. Dumb butt rookie mistake.

There are a strange assortment of phillip's style screws on these things. Some of the small ones work best with a 00 phillip's and then there are shallow, smaller still screws that end up working best with a 0 Pozidrive instead.

You really have to just gently test each screw with a couple of different bits to find the one that grabs the best..... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20