one of my motors...

Reaction score
one of my motors feels different from the other 3.
It's my RR motor.
When I spin it by hand there is one rough spot. It doesn't feel right. It feels like a mechanical bind.
don't go telling me to oil my bearings - I've seen that thread and I won't fall for that one. haha
My quad is less than a year old, I bought it last March. I think I have around 400-500 flights on it. Most are pretty short duration, 5 to 10 minutes.
should I be concerned? Should I replace it?
My gut instinct tells me it would be better to replace all 4 motors at the same time. Is that wrong?
then I would keep 3 used motors as spares and trash or take apart the rough motor.

Does the aircraft fly normally? When you idle does it spin the same speed as the others? When you power down does it stop the same as the others? After a flight, is that motor hotter than the others?

Last edited:
Try checking to see if ALL MOTORS START at same time and then all stop at same time. Fly up about 10 ft. Land and see if they power off at same time if not may need to replace that motor. If they all start stop and it flys normal it should be ok.

I just did and it does fly normal.
they all start and stop at the same time.
I didn't think to check the temperature DUH
I'll check em again...

If it turns out to be mechanical it's either bearings or some type of foreign material between the outrunner and stator.

this is so weird. Now today it feels fine.
Yesterday I marked the spot that was hitting. It was in the same place every rotation. I thought for sure it was a bearing starting to fail.
But if it's gone today then it must have been some crap stuck in there like NO17RW suggested.
weird, false alarm.
Thanks everyone, happy flying and Merry Christmas.

That's good news. These motors seem to last a long time. I have over 400 flights on mine & they still feel like new, even after Night Fury caused her to smash into the asphalt! :eek:

Merry Christmas! :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31