One of LED underneath motor arm is broken

Reaction score
Hi,
I am very new to this and would love to hear from everyone's experience on this hobby :) my experience was so awesome until one day I crashed it into a tree and all went south from there. However, I have managed to do a shell replacement by myself thanks to the Internet. Everything is perfect now except for a broken camera gimbal and one LED light underneath one arm is not litting. Unfortunately, the unit is fine after the test flight (about 3 time). I suspect it might be a bad ESC I am having in one arm or is it just the LED? I did all preflights check with GPS signal on, I can't see how many satellites available as The camera gimbal unit was broken and I am flying it without the camera gimbal. However, I did wait for a good 5 minutes before flights now to make sure it acquires enough GPS lol. I inspect the ESC in that particular arm but no burned IC or loose connection on that ESC. The unit is flying perfect with stable hovering so I am wondering what is the real problem :( Right mow I am still saving for a new camera gimbal unit. Please advise me on ehat I could do wiht this problem. Thanks heaps guys !!!

there are instructions in the forum on how to get telemetry data on your screen w/o a camera and gimbal.

regarding saving for a new gimbal, send users Hunch or Burlbark a message w/ a picture of the gimbal. Both of them have repaired plenty of bent gimbals, obviously cheaper than buying new.

irt the LED, i'd imagine its just broken. if it were an ESC issue, I'd think you wouldn't be able to fly very well. Just conjecture.

The LEDs under the ESC are all wired in series. If one of them gets knocked loose a bit, then they all go out.
You can unscrew the ESC in question and examine the LED contacts. If you have a small-tipped soldering iron,
you may be able to solder a loose contact back in place.

Thanks so much guys for the advices. By the way Im from Sydney, Australia. Do you know any guys based in my area for bent gimbal and camera fixing? I am taking my unit now for ESC replacement. Good morning from Sydney!!! :)

zincsoldier said:
Thanks so much guys for the advices. By the way Im from Sydney, Australia. Do you know any guys based in my area for bent gimbal and camera fixing? I am taking my unit now for ESC replacement. Good morning from Sydney!!! :)

Just did a shell replacement myself about a week ago and had a similar issue. Try This first, On the LED that is out turn your bird on with the top off, props off and esc screws out (one that the led is out) . Try putting pressure on the last led light closest to the motor and see if the lights come on. Actually press on the led itself.

eseckinger said:
zincsoldier said:

Just did a shell replacement myself about a week ago and had a similar issue. Try This first, On the LED that is out turn your bird on with the top off, props off and esc screws out (one that the led is out) . Try putting pressure on the last led light closest to the motor and see if the lights come on. Actually press on the led itself.

Cool it is working now but sometimes it still doesnt work lol. There s something seriously wrong about it. Anyway I guess I have to continue monitoring it. Thanks for your help. Save me from a new ESC :)

zincsoldier said:
eseckinger said:
zincsoldier said:

Cool it is working now but sometimes it still doesnt work lol. There s something seriously wrong about it. Anyway I guess I have to continue monitoring it. Thanks for your help. Save me from a new ESC :)

wrong or right here is what I did to solve it. Take a very thin piece of clear plastic and place it between the shell and that last LED light. Once you tighten it all down it will work because of the pressure.

Australia is no problem to ship to. I just declare on the customs for return goods repair. I send repairs all over the world. Pm me some contact info and than I can get some pictures and try to give you a ballpark estimate.

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,
Here is the gimbal picture

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    782.7 KB · Views: 445
And the camera completely fell apart

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 376
Please have a look Jeremy and let me know if it is fixable. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl