One of 4 motors doesn't work right out of box

Reaction score
Bought this for my husband for Christmas at Walmart with the extended protection plan. Setup went ok after troubleshooting some wi fi issues on this forum. Disappointed that one of the 4 motors won't run right out of the box. Trying to decide whether to just return it or exchange it at Walmart. After reading over the forum, I'm concerned that the technical issues are rampant with these things. Is it reasonable to expect we can pull this thing out of the closet on weekends and use it? It won't be fun trying to coax it into working every time. I hate to buy something new and find it is faulty right out of the box. Is this pretty common?

Yes, it's reasonable to expect you can pull this thing out of the closet on weekends and use it. The ones who don't have problems don't post.

Hope this helps.

@rlvirginia,
Welcome to the Forum!

The main hurtle is getting it registered so you can get the motors to start. ;)

I would exchange it, I wouldn't be happy without one. :(

Problem right of the box, I have seen a few, but first time I have heard that a motor won't start. :eek:

Rod

After reading over the forum, I'm concerned that the technical issues are rampant with these things. Is it reasonable to expect we can pull this thing out of the closet on weekends and use it?
If you only observe people in doctors waiting rooms, you could get the idea that everyone is sick.
The forum is the waiting room for people with drone problems.

If you only observe people in doctors waiting rooms, you could get the idea that everyone is sick.
The forum is the waiting room for people with drone problems.
:rolleyes::eek::D;)

Rod

I have a Phantom 3 Standard too. I’m assuming that’s the model you got at Walmart since the P3A and P3P aren’t available in retail any more. My P3S has been rock solid since I got it a year ago on boxing day. Just exchange it for another one.

Chris

"some wi fi issues" :rolleyes:
Must be a Standard ;)

Rod

Reactions: Droneted
Agree with all that you can't judge a/the product by visiting chat forums.

But if your intent is just weekends be mindful of proper battery storage and maintenance inherent to all like devices.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond - you guys were right! Second drone worked great and he was up and running in no time. He has really enjoyed it so far and we have gotten some really neat pictures. I can see why people are hooked! Thanks again - take care!

Reactions: Mark The Droner

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik