One motor warmer then the other three

Reaction score
When I finish a session I check my motors. I noticed one of my motors it's about 30 percent warmer than the others.
It's not so warm that I can't touch it but it's pretty warm.
Should I be concerned?

When I finish a session I check my motors. I noticed one of my motors it's about 30 percent warmer than the others.
It's not so warm that I can't touch it but it's pretty warm.
Should I be concerned?

I have always believed that motor temps are a good indicator of how hard they are working relative to each other.

Simplistically it should be a good indicator of friction or other forces the motor is compensating for.

Be mindful of how smooth it’s rotation feels as compared to the others. It may indicate a bearing issue or other rubbing such as to the shell.

I would not panic but be vigilant and confirm it is always hotter than the others under various flight conditions.

Motors are inexpensive and can be replaced if you have basic soldering skills.

I have always believed that motor temps are a good indicator of how hard they are working relative to each other.

Simplistically it should be a good indicator of friction or other forces the motor is compensating for.

Be mindful of how smooth it’s rotation feels as compared to the others. It may indicate a bearing issue or other rubbing such as to the shell.

I would not panic but be vigilant and confirm it is always hotter than the others under various flight conditions.

Motors are inexpensive and can be replaced if you have basic soldering skills.
Thank you!

Most of the time any heat coming from a brushless motor is caused by the bearings in the motor. If one motor is getting that much hotter than the others it’s time to either replace the bearings or the motor. Which ever one is cheaper. Usually the bearings are cheaper at a few dollars each for some decent boca bearings.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik