One Motor Spinning Sporadicly

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just installed the T-motor AntiGravity motors (MN2214), and, unfortunately, only 3 out of the 4 spool up/idle properly - one of the motors stops and starts, though once I up the throttle this phenomenon stops.

During the first test flight after the install, the circuit board for the motor in question began smoking (not the motor itself). I killed it as quickly as possible, but I fear I may have cooked something (hence the issue).

Thoughts?

Is there a place to buy replacement circuit boards for the motors?

During the first test flight after the install, the circuit board for the motor in question began smoking (not the motor itself). I killed it as quickly as possible, but I fear I may have cooked something (hence the issue)

You will have to replace the ESC, as the smoke probably came from one of the fets.

It is important not to solder the wires so that they lay across the fets. I found that out the hard way, as my esc caught fire.
Solder the wires so that they stand upright as much as possible.

Esc's are one of the least expensive parts, so not too much damage done.

You will enjoy the Anti-Gravity motors.

Audaciter said:
During the first test flight after the install, the circuit board for the motor in question began smoking (not the motor itself). I killed it as quickly as possible, but I fear I may have cooked something (hence the issue)

You will have to replace the ESC, as the smoke probably came from one of the fets.

It is important not to solder the wires so that they lay across the fets. I found that out the hard way, as my esc caught fire.
Solder the wires so that they stand upright as much as possible.

Esc's are one of the least expensive parts, so not too much damage done.

You will enjoy the Anti-Gravity motors.

Ah, bummer. I've ordered a new one, hoping to get back in the air soon.

Thank you, Audaciter!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic