One motor doesn't work

Reaction score
Hi, I got my DJI Phantom today, but when I started it for the first time only three of the four rotors were spinning. The fourth just sits there.

It there anything I can do, or do I have to send it back?

Scalpel78 said:
Hi, I got my DJI Phantom today, but when I started it for the first time only three of the four rotors were spinning. The fourth just sits there.

If it's new, best to call the place where you got it, they'll most likely tell you to send it back.

I have a feeling that the problem is caused by a bad calibration of one of the sticks:

2cxjfxk.png

An error pops up in the lower right corner of my screen saying "ERROR[29]", and the following text:

Motors Start failure caused by TX stick(s) mid point error too big
If the TX stick(s) mid point error is too big, Motors Start will fail when you execute the Combination Stick Commands (CSC) and lead to the aircraft will not takeoff.. And the LED will blink Red four times per second continually to warn you.
TX stick(s) mid point error too big can be caused by the following reasons:
(1) There is TX stick (except the throttle stick) not at center when power on the autopilot system.
(2) The TX sticks has been trimmed, which leads to the large deviation of mid point. For example, the SUB-TRIM has been adjusted for Futaba transmitter.
(3) The TX stick(s) travel has larger asymmetry.
For the reason (1), please put all TX sticks at the mid point, and then power cycle the autopilot system to re-record the mid point. If the problem continues, that can be caused by the reason (2) or reason (3), you need to adjust the output range of your TX, and then use the Assistant Software to redo the TX calibration. Please carry out the following procedures.
(1) Connect to the Assistant software, click Basic-> R/C-> Command Sticks Calibration, and push all TX sticks throughout their complete travel range to see if any stick cannot reach its largest position.
(2) Adjust the largest travel of TX stick until the cursor on the Assistant software can reach both end positions, according to your TX manual.
(3) Power cycle the autopilot system, note that power cycle is required.
(4) Redo the TX calibration according to the Assistant software.

I've done step (1), but do not understand step (2). Is there something on the controller I can use to adjust it?

I see there are some screwholes on the back of the controller - are those for adjusting? I have another controller I use for a regular RC helicopter, and it has these adjustmentsliders next to the sticks, but the DJI controller doesn't have these. Are they buried under the white controller shell?

do a calibration of the TX. hit the calibrate button and follow instructions.

that information you quoted is meant for situations where none of the motors starts up. in your case, only one does not. this indicates that there is something wrong with the craft. best thing to do as stated above is to contact the dealer and see if they will exchange for a new one.

Thanks guys. I tried calibrating, but it didn't help. The Phantom is now disassembled, and back in the box. Expect to return it tomorrow.

Bummer.

Scalpel78 said:

They must have sent you a Phantom with a bad motor, or a bad ESC,. or maybe even a bad cable going from the NAZA to the the ESC. (if all the lights came on underneath, it was a bad motor,. which can be replaced with soldering and such..)

But since it's new, definitely best to send it back and get a new one that works out of the box.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj