One motor "clicks" after initial start-up, lights flash, the

Reaction score
After proper start-up sequence, lights flash then one motor "clicks", then total shut-down. Battery, everything. The offending motor actually moves, ever so slightly, when it clicks. This P2V is a "tea bag" rescue from a fresh water crash. I have disassembled everything, and found all components to be dry and corrosion-free. When I received the bird it was completely disassembled, so I have been getting bits and pieces of videos showing how connectors attach to flight controller.

If one motor clicks, could it be the ESC that is bad? Or, are the other three bad and the one that clicks good? The battery seems to be OK as it flashes from left to right on start-up and right to left on shut-down. No beeps though.

I made it thru 22 pages of postings and got a little frustrated, not finding any postings of this nature.

Hope someone can help. :shock:

Re: One motor "clicks" after initial start-up, lights flash,

It's almost certainly one of the ESC boards gone bad, pulling the supply voltage low when it gets pulsed and causing the battery to shut down. If you disconnect the boards one by one you should be able to find the offending item. There have been several documented cases like this.

Thanks for the suggestion. I unsoldered the offending ESC and got proper blinking lights and sound, cycling to yellow blinking lights on aft arms. I have a new ESC ordered and will post results.

BTW, where can I get a USB cable so I can interface with a computer? (this bird was pretty bare bones). At least I got my cell phone charger to work on the WiFi extender.

Sar104, you're the best! Thanks for the help.

Just soldered in new ESC and got flashing lights and sounds. All arms flashed multi-colored sequence, then forward arms flashed red three times, than aft arms continued flashing yellow, with small underbody light flashing red. Unit does not respond to controller. I will due more research. This is a blast!

I will review Manual before I ask any more questions. (us newbies can be so difficult, but eventually I will be able to assist a newbie, I hope). :roll:

jiminyfixit said:
Just soldered in new ESC and got flashing lights and sounds. All arms flashed multi-colored sequence, then forward arms flashed red three times, than aft arms continued flashing yellow, with small underbody light flashing red. Unit does not respond to controller. I will due more research. This is a blast!

I will review Manual before I ask any more questions. (us newbies can be so difficult, but eventually I will be able to assist a newbie, I hope). :roll:

If the small light is red then you need to bind the controller to the aircraft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers