One Joy Stick Out Of Parameter-What Do I Do Now?

Reaction score
I was finally able to download the Phantom 2 Vision + Assistant and connect/link the quad and controller to the computer. When I tried to calibrate the travel of the joy sticks one registered slightly off center on the computer screen and this triggered all red lights at the back of the quad. From the directions I gather the all red lights means next time I try to fly the quad will not lift off. The very poor directions say the unit needs to be sent in to be repaired. It is brand new, I've only had it two days and have flown it successfully twice. I am 62 years old and not very computer literate. The small amount of directions in the Asssistant software assumes I am a 20 year old who has been raised on computers and video games. What do I do now? Do I really have to send a brand new unit in for repair? The parameter is only off a smidgen from center on the screen. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks....

Have you tried to recalibrate the unit, using the RC software plug in the RC unit and click the calibrate button and follow the directions given in the pop up.

I've tried to scroll the instructions that come up on the left side of the screen for recalibration and nothing moves. Otherwise my mouse and cursor work on everything else I do. I'll try again at a future point. The manual that came with my unit has not been updated and does not match the control unit. I looked for 10 minutes trying to find where to install the batteries in the back of the control unit as per the manual and finally figured out the control unit has rechargable internal batteries instead.

Go through the calibration steps in the RC software and then calibrate them again in the phantom software

Utopia Texas said:
I've tried to scroll the instructions that come up on the left side of the screen for recalibration and nothing moves. Otherwise my mouse and cursor work on everything else I do. I'll try again at a future point. The manual that came with my unit has not been updated and does not match the control unit. I looked for 10 minutes trying to find where to install the batteries in the back of the control unit as per the manual and finally figured out the control unit has rechargable internal batteries instead.

Just click on the calibrate button and the instructions will pop up from there.

Are you clear that there is a separate program for calibrating JUST the transmitter (RC assistant)?
Not sure from the thread so far.

Once you complete that then calibrate the newly calibrated transmitter to the Phantom using the Vision Assistant.

N017RW said:
Are you clear that there is a separate program for calibrating JUST the transmitter (RC assistant)?
Not sure form the thread so far.

Once you complete that then calibrate the newly calibrated transmitter to the Phantom using the Vision Assistant.

No, I was not aware that there was a separate program for the remote control. I have just downloaded the program and connected the remote to the computer and see how the program works now.
Thanks everyone for the help. So far actually flying the quad has been the easiest part of the process.
Obviously the computer end for me is like reading Chinese! :)

Super.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31