One issue post update

Reaction score
Updated firmware, Phantom 4 Pro +.. Now I receive a nagging message Connect Remote to Aircraft. The message prompts me to connect the Remote to the Aircraft via USB, which seems to do nothing on the Pro Plus as I understand all updates are through WIFI. I can't seem to stop this message. I updated the aircraft with Assistant 2 V1.1.2-2 with remote connected (not via USB) and GO indicated updating during the firmware update process .. Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks..

Would anyone know where we could download the firmware file : 01.03.0509? I don't see it anywhere on the DJI website.

Before you use this you MUST make sure you can plug your RC into Assistant2 and are able to see the option to do a "factory default" on it. You don't have to default it before you downgrade but you likely will after. When I upgraded to this version when it came out, it went in with "local update" off an SD card in the RC, but when I try to downgrade from the latest, Go4 wouldn't launch and crashed over and over again. After an Assistant2 RC factory default, which loads the Android recovery kernel and redoes the P4P+ display's partitions, it cleans things up from the downgrade and you should be good to go finishing the AC and batteries off after that in the normal fashion.

While that is all the problems I ran into and how I fixed them with my P4P+, your mileage may vary.

Dropbox - GL300E_RC_v1130_20170307.zip

Reactions: kmikesch
Dropbox may "ask" you to create a free account but you don't have to, the link is public and you shouldn't have to.

Thanks much..
Question.. I have the Phantom Pro + and it appears that downgrading the firmware may be a different process that the Pro. Could this be correct? It seems no matter what process I try it won't let me enter the firmware page.
The RC won't connect to the Assistant/PC as well.. More firmware whoes..

I have the P4P+, I would suggest a couple of things...

First, if you swipe down from the top middle of the screen you will get the Android settings shortcut, pick the gear icon on the top right and go in and do your downgrade from there by picking
"Update", then touch the 3 dots in upper right and pick "Local Update" and you should see the .bin file that you unzipped and put in the root of an SD card.

Second, your Assistant2 is probably not installed correctly, there is a bug with Windows 10 that keeps its driver from being updated due to an improper driver signature. I had the same issue and could not see my RC and I could not calibrate the sensors on my AC. I followed MSingers post and all is well now with Assistant2. Steps below...

1. First un-install Assistant2 from PC.

2. Then follow this procedure

a. Press the Win + C and click on PC settings.
b. Switch over to the “Update & recovery” section.
c. Then click on the Recovery option on the left hand side.
d. Once selected, you will see an advanced startup section appear on the right hand side. You will need to click on the “Restart now” button.
e. Once your Computer has rebooted you will need to choose the Troubleshoot option.
f. Then head into Advanced options.
g. Then Startup Settings.
h. Since we are modifying boot time configuration settings, you will need to restart your computer one last time.
I. Here you will be given a list of startup settings that you can change. The one we are looking for is “Disable driver signature enforcement”. To choose the setting, you will need to press the F7 key.

3. Install Assistant2 again. Since driver signature enforcement is turned off now the correct drivers will be able to be installed this time

Reactions: kmikesch
Got it! Thanks ... I've calibrated the AC with the on screen method. I've attempted to go back to the firmware version I downloaded, however, it kept going south on me with different errors, so I had to go back to the newest firmware once again. I'll try later this week.. Thanks again for your help.

Question on the downgrade so I understand the procedure. Does the AC receive and install the firmware from the RC only? It seems I have no success with connecting the AC and RC with the USB adapter included with the Phantom. Is there a process to downgrade the firmware AC or RC only? I think this is where I run in to issues. Once I downgrade the RC it never makes it to the AC wirelessly. Although I read that this is the only way to downgrade the AC.

yes the AC can be updated from the RC and that is how I did it after the RC was straightened out (downgrade, factory default done, and Go4 launches ok) then I make sure the short OTG cable is on the AC side and all went fine, then batteries once that was all done.

I am now at the latest plus the patch that is only available through the Go4 app for the p4p+, I can downgrade again to see what I run into if you need.

It seems to be ok so far, I have not done a decent distance run since I upgraded, charging a battery now to do a 2 miler to see if reasonable distances are any issue. Will report back in a while on what I find.

It is a bit too windy for me to go too far, but I just did 3500+ feet, so I went over half a mile away without any issue so I would have to say the newest version seems ok to me. I have not tested many features yet but stability and range seem to be ok.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl