Once again, "drones" are in a poor light

Reaction score
This morning, the news clip bite before break was "drones interfere with firefighting efforts in Minnesota."

Then they came back with this story:

Minnesota Fire Crews Hampered by Intrusions in Restricted Airspace

Initially they say a small plane, then a "drone" was seen.

Don't fly near firefighting efforts (although I sincerely doubt it was anyone from this board that was doing it.)

I also understand the "have to see what this looks like from above" would be hard to resist, but we must in order to not interfere with the fire fighting efforts and allow those battling the fire to be able to do what they need to do in a timely fashion.

If it was a drone, then they should be prosecuted. Not sure why people want to keep doing this, and God forbid when something does happen, things would only get worse. Uncertain as to how they would confuse a small plane with a drone, but once it is reported, it is all bad publicity after that. Thanks for the article, I had not seen this one on the news.

Funny how they didn't mention the private plane that caused them to cease operations first.

Funny how they didn't mention the private plane that caused them to cease operations first.
Of course not. And this will keep up until something does happen and they say, "We told you so." I would like to know how far away it is too. I mean I have trouble seeing it when it and always reference all the data on the app, so cannot imagine with all the smoke and distortion from the smoke masking the distance may say that it was a drone. If it is that freaking close, turn the water jet on it!!!!!

Likely the media in both.

???
It mentioned both.

"The Minnesota Incident Command System says aerial firefighting operations were temporarily ceased in recent days because a private plane intruded into the airspace and a second time because an unmanned aircraft system, or drone, entered the firefighting zone."

Reactions: sar104
???
It mentioned both.

"The Minnesota Incident Command System says aerial firefighting operations were temporarily ceased in recent days because a private plane intruded into the airspace and a second time because an unmanned aircraft system, or drone, entered the firefighting zone."
What I meant was it is funny that they only mentioned the "drone" in the news bite before break

Fair enough.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4