on the ground response to controls not consistent.

Reaction score
this morning i went out with a friend and we flew in the town of Bodega. first flight no problem. the sound flight went fine but i noted some droplets of moisture on the shell. there was a small amount of mist in the air and some ground fog in the distance..but i was surprised to actually have some droplets on the upper shell.
i seriously doubt in significant moisture got inside and it flew fine.
we looked for another area for about an hour and both of us had trouble getting a satellite lock when doing the compass dance in the new area.
mine got the green vertically very quickly but nose down it took way longer and took more than once.
we were within 70 ft. of so of power lines..she flew fine but mine just started towing up and take off by itself! i hit both levers to make it stop and avoided it tipping over. now i went to another area and tried it on the ground without props on it. it seems to do the same thing if i move the controls as if to go up and then i notice at times it will speed up by itself.
i thought it was a gps issue so i did imi check and it said it did not need calibration. i then did the advanced calibration for the compass and tried to do the compass dance again..but it did the horizontal calibration fine but it would not do the nose down calibration.
i did notice when connected to the computer the x axis measurement looked like it was going into the negative.
i am wondering if my having a tiny screwdriver in my case that is a couple of inches from my bird screwed with the compass..might this be why it seems to want to take off and not stay at rpm when sitting on the ground after returning the stick to center?

update: checked the specs for the compass calibration and it is well within spec.
so the question i have is why would the p-2 want to increase rpms by itself when sitting on the ground?
it nearly took off and it still will not stay stable with props off consistently. at first i move the controls and it returns to idle rpm..but after a minute or two of moving the controls around i notice it will start creeping up rpms with the stick in neutral. i can mvd it around a bit more and usually it will return to idle speed but not always.
is this a defect?
any testing i can do or adjustments besides compass cal? and yes,all my firmware is up to date.
thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20