On fence: Litchi or AutoPilot?

Reaction score
So, wow, both of these look so good. I take it they both work with the Phantom 3 Pro? It looks like neither require a special firmware. Any reviews that compare the two and or that discuss the stability of the code for both?

So, wow, both of these look so good. I take it they both work with the Phantom 3 Pro? It looks like neither require a special firmware. Any reviews that compare the two and or that discuss the stability of the code for both?

Are you sure about the FW requirement? I thought both still required beta versions of FW?
Litchi only runs on Android.
I am an Apple "hater" at heart but got an iPad after reading how well the Go app runs on it compared to an Android tablet. So Litchi is out for me right now.

I purchased Autopilot to help the devs out and I'm waiting for the final release as I am kinda concerned about having a beta FW on AC.

Both have been developing apps since P2 platform so much experience.
You probably can make your decision based on the type of platform you are on, Android or iOS. Neither works on both, only one or the other.
Do a search for the litchi beta test results. They moved from alpha to beta recently, so not sure how many bugs are still left. Autopilot has been in beta over a month and is very stable now.

Are you sure about the FW requirement? I thought both still required beta versions of FW?
Litchi only runs on Android.
I am an Apple "hater" at heart but got an iPad after reading how well the Go app runs on it compared to an Android tablet. So Litchi is out for me right now.

I purchased Autopilot to help the devs out and I'm waiting for the final release as I am kinda concerned about having a beta FW on AC.
The SDK beta FW was fine. However, you can now use AP with the latest DJI public fw if you have the beta app. Otherwise wait for Apple to release, hopefully in days not weeks.

No more beta FW required.... They both now work with FW that was released today to the public....

That's fencepost I'd gladly sit on(if you'll pardon the expression) for the functionality of a Litchi on my iPad. The new waypoints and POI are a nice add, but fall short of what I had hoped for ... from what I've heard about Litchi.

I've been on the fence also..
But I might give it a go as litchi supports my P2Vp and P3A.

Litchi in beta lacks the camera settings for P3A/P. I am sure the public release will have the camera settings.
DJI follow me requires the controller and GPS enabled device. This means, you have to lug it around for the follow me to work.
Litchi is the same, but with the exception of Magic Leash. Magic Leash pairs another GPS enabled device and turns this into the followed subject.

I'd love to try them both! But I don't have any android devices, so it's Autopilot for me.

Last edited:
Is litchi or autopilot working with public released 1.4 firmware?
Yes litchi does . Went public release today.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Does Litchi require the Android device to be connected to the internet? If so If my tablet is connected to a mobile hotspot would that work?

So I can download litchi and start using it with my P3 straight away?

Lol I need to install 1.4 first being too lazy
Yes. Install new firmware and buy litchi and roll with it!

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

I have zero experience with AutoPilot so cant speak for them. However since Litchi runs on stock DJI firmware I would say if Autopilot can do the same you should be golden.

I am running iOS so AutoPilot for me.

I would buy it today if it was available for the P3P. Happy to pay for good features to keep the developer developing cool stuff.

I am really impressed with the orbit and zip line features; they are one of the things I liked about the 3DR Solo.

Yeah where is Autopilot anyways, think they would get apple to release it on the 8th or something. Bloody annoying.

I have both IOS and Android and picked Litchi. Autopilot's zipline feature only allows 2 point cable cam. Litchi is full fledged ground station. you can use it as a multipoint cable cam or long distance automated flight planner

****, I wish it wasn't android. The DJI waypoint is neutered. And why is the speed so slow on the waypoints? I get 11 MPH

What are the restrictions ?Distance ? Hight ?(android)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj