Older Firmware vs Latest Firmware ( P3 Series Only)

Are you using the latest or older firmware with your P3? ( Any Version P3)

• Latest Firmware

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Older Firmware

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Fly Dawg

"Electricity is really just organized lightning"
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Just out of my own curiosity, and this would be very interesting to know. How many P3 users still fly on old firmware versions with no issues? I include myself in this as well as I have only updated once with no issues and still flies just fine. I realize it's a personal preference to update or not, but with all the latest firmware issues that seem to be going around ( and apparently getting worse with the P4's) I would just like to see the ratio of how many are using the latest firmware with no issues, vs older firmware with no issues. Just a curiosity poll.

My P3A flies rock solid & has for the 10 months since updating, Go & Litchi apps both perfect.
Now, my new Mavic pro, jeez, just frustration & confusion from the DJI people. As close as I can figure, they released an android 4.1.4 version, but didn't tell anyone(quoted on DJI forums by DJI employee) it was sent to a certain few people, at random, most only saw 4.1.3, but, me being one of the unfortunate ones. Then, because of complaints, they worked on 4.1.4 & re-released next day, & again another version day later, all under the 4.1.4 go4 app.title.
The complaints about the Go4 app may be reflected in the user reviews- last time I looked stood at 2.7!!!
Lag issues, black out screens mid flights. As you can imagine, to the new user, all this is horrifying as you take those first few flights!
12 months ago, when I got my P3A, sure, there were some bugs at first, with firmware upgrades. But, I don't recall such an uproar as with the Mavic pros firmware or should I say- with the Go 4 app.

This is what has worked flawlessly for me for something like a year and a half.

Phantom 3 Advanced Software
DJI Go 2.8.1
Aircraft 1.9.60
Remote C 1.6.0
Flight Controller sn 03Z0243119

All on stock from day one with ipad mini 4 locked off from the internet.
Flys perfectly, range is outstanding and never one single issue.

I think we will soon see a "jailbreak" thread on how to get back to the good old days of "it just worked"

DJI Go 2.8.1
Aircraft 1.9.60
Remote C 1.6.0

Aircraft 1.8.8
Remote B 1.6.0
Android 4,5,6 and now 7
Go 3.17
Litchi 4.02

No issues yet >>>>> { Knocks on desk} :)

I'm still on the last firmware. Bought it that way. Flys great, not messing with it[emoji106]

Just missing the latest update, but before it came out I had lost the map, in bottom corner, just grey monitor. I generally used to update immediately, but has time has gone on, more reluctant

I updated to the latest on apps and firmware and DJI go is just worse on my P3A. I just use litchi. No problems at all

This is what has worked flawlessly for me for something like a year and a half.

DJI Go 2.8.1
Aircraft 1.9.60
Remote C 1.6.0
Flight Controller sn 03Z0243119
Same basic setup I have on all 3 of my P3As. All the range I want or need, and no geofencing issues. Don't plan to ever update them. If/when I need a new bird, I'll be looking for non-DJI replacements.

What's in my sig has been rock solid. Have no intention of changing anything other than Litchi which usually causes no issues with an update. I always give it a little time to see if others are reporting any problems.

I got my P3P in January 2016. As a newbie I followed instructions and updated the FW at that time. I've not updated it since and I have had absolutely no problems using Go or Litchi.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl