Old guy just got my phantom

Reaction score
Yesterday, got all settled into my chair, ready to study the manuals, opened the box and ...... Nothing!
No manual, no DVD, zip zero nada!

I don't even know what's in the gray package.
HELP! Me!! ( the aircraft does look cool though)

Graybeard

Ok, that,s a start, Thanks much.

Now, is it normal for this thing to not have any manuals? Wondering if I was sold a returned item or not.

Also there isn't any mention of the small gray package that is in the box, (about 1 inch wide maybe 4 inches long and about 1/4 inch thick), I don't know if I should open it or if it should remain sealed.

Questions, questions questions!!! Do I need to download new software into the aircraft before my first flight??

Well thanks for all/any help, Ill try not to be too much of a pain in the butt.

(man, im a long way away from my RC sailboat and soaring plane) :roll:

Graybeard

If that gray package you are puzzling over has wires coming out of one end, it's advisable not to open it. That would be a lithium polymer battery. High in energy density and relatively low in weight. However, lithium is quite flammable so you have to handle these batteries with care.

boat chaser said:
online manuals seem to be the way to go these days, saves a few tree's getting cut down I guess.

Also allows you to always have the latest version of the manual to read this way, and also allows DJI to get a better Chinglish translation each update after they actually get some english speaking people to read it for them and point out the errors :lol:

Thanks much everyone, 'camrewop', you got it right, the way it was folded and taped it felt like a solid object. Turned out to be the wrench, some tape and a peice of string, do i feel like a dummy!!!

Well, again thanks, guess it's time to put it together and try to fly, Ill let you know how that goes.

L8R

graybeard

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers