Old firmware with new iOS app...

Reaction score
I just ordered a phantom 2 vision and have been reading about the lag with FPV on the iPhone app. I'm trying to piece together what my best course of action will be to have good experience when it arrives tomorrow. Since I have no older versions of the iPhone app because I just downloaded it for the first time and since I'm assuming it will not come with the newer version of the firmware on the phantom does anyone know if the FPV lag is present if I keep an old version on the phantom and have the new app for the phone? Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

RUCam10 said:
I just ordered a phantom 2 vision and have been reading about the lag with FPV on the iPhone app. I'm trying to piece together what my best course of action will be to have good experience when it arrives tomorrow. Since I have no older versions of the iPhone app because I just downloaded it for the first time and since I'm assuming it will not come with the newer version of the firmware on the phantom does anyone know if the FPV lag is present if I keep an old version on the phantom and have the new app for the phone? Hopefully that makes sense. Thanks for your help.

I would charge everything up then just turn it on and link to the app to see if you get the camera view if I were you, then when you connect to the assistant to do upgrades etc you will know that WAS working and that one of the upgrades stuffed it if you lose the camera view. There have been a few reports of people getting a new one then doing all the updates calibrations etc and never seeing any view through the camera so they aren't really sure if the phantom arrived with them not working or something they did stopped it working.

Madwak said:
RUCam10 said:

I would charge everything up then just turn it on and link to the app to see if you get the camera view if I were you, then when you connect to the assistant to do upgrades etc you will know that WAS working and that one of the upgrades stuffed it if you lose the camera view. There have been a few reports of people getting a new one then doing all the updates calibrations etc and never seeing any view through the camera so they aren't really sure if the phantom arrived with them not working or something they did stopped it working.

ok thanks, I should be getting it tomorrow so hopefully it all goes well.

Well it all went well. Used the new iphone app without updating the firmware on the phantom and everything seems to work fine.

One question for other vision owners though. When I turn on the phantom before starting the propellers there is a higher pitch noise coming from it, almost like a fan. Is that normal?

RUCam10 said:
Well it all went well. Used the new iphone app without updating the firmware on the phantom and everything seems to work fine.

One question for other vision owners though. When I turn on the phantom before starting the propellers there is a higher pitch noise coming from it, almost like a fan. Is that normal?

Yes it's normal, it's a fan inside the camera housing making the noise.

Madwak said:
RUCam10 said:

Yes it's normal, it's a fan inside the camera housing making the noise.

Great thanks. Just wanted to check because it was a noise my phantom 1 never made.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik