Old Barn HDR P3P

Reaction score
Milton Barn_.jpg
Old Barn HDR P3P

Last edited:
Beautiful shot(s)! Greeting card quality!

Great image, was the hover sufficiently still that not much post shot alignment was needed?

Great image, was the hover sufficiently still that not much post shot alignment was needed?

Not much at all. The first thing I do in post is use the "level" option in Lightroom. Its pretty accurate. I also Do a small crop to clean the edges from vignetting or light fall-off. I sharpen first "most important thing to do" then I do my adjustments. I take it over to PS and filter it High Bypass. Then "very important" I reduce the image size from 100% to 80%. It helps with the sharpening. I shoot in RAW only. Save the final image from PS to JPG. If you plan to print the image, like lets say a poster or something large don't reduce to 80% leave at 100%. On my better shots that I like I will save one at 80% and the other at 100%. During the daylight hours always shoot at 100 ISO (clearest image). The Phantom's have a bit grainy imagine that really needs some TLC with the Sharpening and Luminance.

For anyone out there that is just starting to edit. Make sure you learn to sharpen your image. Especially with the photos from the Phantom's. Remember that Sharpening and Noise reduction work hand in hand. I seem to always be around 60/70 on sharpening and Luminance around 25/40. In the Detail tab I make sure that each bar labeled "detail" is low, move sliders to the left. Also rule of the on HDR photos is heavy to the left (-) on highlights and heavy to the right (+) on Shadows. Be very easy with Clarity, I stay around +5, +10 and never more than +20.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20