OK what software do I use or have to buy?

Reaction score
So have transferred my video to my PC Windows 8.1. Looks amazing - well to me anyways :)
What software do I use to edit it with? For kicks, I loaded it up with Movie Maker and the resolution was absolutely horrible - as opposed to playing it with VLC.

Simple but yet decent beginner editing software that has easy port to youtube?

This is not a simple answer. Depends mostly on you. And your configuration, of course. Some editing software requires a more powerful computer, some not. Also, it depends on the ability of your mastering tools and the learning curve that is absolutely individual.

My suggestion is to look at a look on forum, to see which is the most common editing software among users (you can get the most support) and try to test it.
In the end, they all come down to the basic ability to cut and add some music with light color correction. With time, you'll get the idea in which direction to go.

I hope I helped
cheers;)

So have transferred my video to my PC Windows 8.1. Looks amazing - well to me anyways :)
What software do I use to edit it with? For kicks, I loaded it up with Movie Maker and the resolution was absolutely horrible - as opposed to playing it with VLC.

Simple but yet decent beginner editing software that has easy port to youtube?

I use PowerDirector 14. It is by Cyberlink. I've been using PowerDirector for years and it is awesome. I just upgraded to version 14 because it will handle 4k video. Be sure you have a relatively powerful PC though. It can be difficult and frustrating to use with a low powered processor.

You can add text and sound, including your own voice with a mic, and you can split the video if you wanted to eliminate a section that is boring or whatever and add transitions between clips, etc. I know I sound like a PowerDirector advertisement, but I just like the software!

You can make your final result into a DVD, or you have several choices of video files (for Youtube). It isn't a free program to download, but I personally think it is worth the price. You can find it for about $59.00 to $79.00 USD

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav