Ok we all know pilot error is the most common cause of crashes but?

Reaction score
I am curious as to the types of errors pilots are making causing their crashes.

These are actually too numerous to mention them all, but I would just take a wag and guess that one of the more prominent ones would be setting the RTH altitude too low. Another would be, not being proficient flying without GPS....Aka in ATTI mode, Flying in high winds, Incorrect Mission settings ( Litchi )....etc...etc...etc......

Reactions: sar104
Some of the most common causes of lost Phantoms are:
Flying close to obstacles like trees and buildings - (probably the #1 cause of crashes)
Poor understanding of how the Phantom is programmed and how to use it, particularly RTH.
Flying off downwind in a wind that is too strong for the Phantom to RTH against it.
Not understanding how winds are stronger at high levels.
Flying behind a building, terrain etc, losing signal and having an RTH height too low to clear any obstacles in the RTH path
Launching from steel surfaces or reinforced concrete (it messes up the compass)
Flying into an area where GPS signal is blocked (a canyon, close to a building etc) and not being familiar with atti mode.
Flying with a partially discharged battery that has been sitting for a week or more.

Reactions: sar104
Flying inside is another common thing I see people mentioning. I guess it also doesn't help that it's usually the first flight for most of those pilots.

Not understanding the reversal of controls when aircraft is facing operator, i.e. Nose In.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4