OK...it's arrived (P2 w/ gimbal)

Reaction score
Right. Been lurking for ages. Nearly scared off, but decided to buy one. It's sitting at the foot of the bed (P2 with gimbal + 2 batts). Batteries chargin' and going to have a go tomorrow (Saturday 2/8). Cheers for this community and all the info/intel provided.

Congrats!

Mine arrived today too. Spent some time with my (very excited) son putting it together tonight. Looking forward to our first flight tomorrow.

Enjoy!

Just got back from first flights. A bit windy out (15mph or so) but a beautiful day; 65 degrees sunny. Typical So. California day. Had two fully charged batteries. This morning, plugged the P2 into the computer to find out about firmware version and to do the recommended calibrations for sticks. Firmware onboard out of the box was 1.06. Absolutely no issue upgrading to 1.08. Also had to set the flight mode (Mode 1 or 2). The difference is Mode 1 puts the power on the right, Mode 2 is on the left. Next I plugged in the radio controller (RC). It also was needing a firmware upgrade to 1.1.1.1.1.1.1 or whatever. Also set the radio (RC) to use the S1 (upper right 3 position toggle) for return to home.

** Did not attach or configure the zenmuse gimbal yet. Gotta get comfortable with flying and controlling in different conditions first.

First thing I did was calibrate the compass per all the videos I've been viewing. No troubles.
The flights were even more smooth than I thought they would be. The thing hovers where ever it's at when you let go of the spring-loaded sticks. Awesome. Tested return to home feature three different times using the S1 toggle. Worked like a champ and auto-landed within 4 feet of the take-off spot each time.

This quad gets moving very fast. Really fast with a tail wind! The thing handles like a dream and I had zero issues with updating firmware, calibrating compass/sticks, or maintaining controlled flight. Batteries are back on the charger and life is bloody good right now ;)

No fly-away, no uncontrolled movement, no surprises. Just perfect.

Oh man so sorry to hear about that; worse to see the video. I responded to your post. These things are explainable, but lots of us just aren't savvy enough to troubleshoot 'em...me included.

Thanks. I responded in the other thread - I think I fixed it. It is now flying like a dream and I am having a blast.

Fat Thumb's UP!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj