OK guys bought a wet Phantom 4.........ChEaP !!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
ok from what i understand the gentalman o bought this from, uses litchi , even though i have it i dont use it enough to know, but on his second flight from brand new, he did a mission near a boat dock, i quess in litchi, before its mission it likes to go up about 12 and start........so he went to take off and hit some branches and PLUNK!!!! right in the water........so it took only a few minutes and got pulled out, and he did not have the refresh , so he called DJI support, and they told him that most likely its fried inside.

so this thing is like brand new, not a scratch on it, and the battery did get fried

so i got it home, was not that wet, and i just ran a hair dryer aimed at a tipped box with drone in it........and i tried to charge battery, that is definitely junk

but i have 2 other P4's so i charged controller, put on a ipad, and when the dryer ran over night,

put lipo in and wah-lah........no errors and it seems to be fine,

but should i use some kind of spray in the electronics and motors to be sure there is lube in it

i will test in up coming days, i have re-flashed to factory , calibrated compass and imu, and did a VPS calibrtion, and now i just got to test,
i never soaked one, does anyone have any hints on what to preflight test before flying

Couple weeks ago I landed my p3s in the river. I did the hair dryer thing. The battery has a built in shut off to prevent shorts. I put gimbal and battery in a dehydrater at 125 deg.for 7 hr. I did all the calibrations. I have flown it about 6 times with no apparent problems. I had a pre existing problem that did get worse. Good luck.

If it was fresh water I wouldn't be overly concerned, the boards are coated.

Having said that if it was me I would completely disassemble and clean all boards.

I fly over water 50-60% of the time, so it is good to know that if I should ditch that all might not be lost. Thank you for sharing your experiences
IMG_1498783192.604272.jpg

Reactions: makuch73
I've not ditched my phantom but my experience with other wet electronics has been that as long as you get them clean and dry they are more resilient than you might think.

We launched a new product called the Phantom Rain Wetsuit that has solved this issue for many for the PHANTOM 4 SERIES.

We posted 2 videos on are site , one of which is 26 minute flight in a torrential rain storm and the other is a slow motion video which can be found at PHANTOMRAIN.ORG

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4