ok first small accident, on landing fell over

Reaction score
my p3p tipped over upon landing manually using litchi as the control app on my lg g3 phone. to be honest I'm not feeling the love for this app yet, and tend to use the dji go one more often.

anyway as I landed it tipped over and there was a screeching sound for about 1-2 secs as I did a csc immediately. ive done some tests and it seems to fly ok, the 2 that hit the grass seem to still be balanced even.

should I chuck these 2 props have I damaged the motors?

I can upload the log if you guys think its necessary.

You should definitely replace the props if they are visually damaged in any way.

It sounds like you are blaming Litchi for the bird's tip-over landing? How would this landing gone any different with DJI Go?

I use Litchi for autonomous flights and find it a great tool. When I'm not in that mode, I use Go.

SB

Were your batteries low? Mine were yesterday when I was landing on auto pilot and it "bounced" up and then tipped and then flipped. Just replace your props and you'll be fine. Throttle down as soon as touchdown

Thanks guys im a bit of a baby when it comes to flying this thing its like a combo of fun and fear.

Wasnt blaming litchi its just i tried the rth button on the controller as i cant find it in litchi. And it said landing not rth.

Anyway i was manually landing it when it tipped.

So the motors should be ok? Should i check them using some flight data? Is there some software to do this?

did you use both sticks after landing to shut it down?
I tipped twice doing that and have never used both again. Left stick only.

Dont use csc. Just push down the left stick. Csc combination make your AC overrun a while .. Watch these .. Found on youtube...

I didn't use csc to land, just to shut down when it fell over.

I'm not sure but I also think there might have been a tiny puff of smoke while it was hovering on the first test after the tip.

could I have cooked an esc slightly or just lacquer?

ive got a video from my cctv of the tip ill try and edit me out and put it somewhere on the net for you too see.

I didn't use csc to land, just to shut down when it fell over.

I'm not sure but I also think there might have been a tiny puff of smoke while it was hovering on the first test after the tip.

could I have cooked an esc slightly or just lacquer?

ive got a video from my cctv of the tip ill try and edit me out and put it somewhere on the net for you too see.

Yes .. dont use csc to shutdown...

p.s. the props have suffered no damage that I can see, but I might change in case they self destruct at a later flight.

Agreed. I cant remember when was the last time i land on the ground. Hand catch ftw

I live in a remote windy area which is covered in tussocks of grass and mountains. Like a hilly version of the prairies, I have no choice but to hand catch. My very first landing was hand catch. I started off with a helper but can manage alone as well. I would NEVER use any other method now. Essential on beaches as well unless you want your motors full of sand!

just used dashware to watch motors. I can see when it tipped and I did csc, but only one motor shows a slight spike. whats the sampling rate of these logs?

ok used the converter again but this time set it to 200hz. I can see the motors stopping suddenly but I cant see any spike in motor load. also just before it tips one of the other motors reports 10000rpm a couple of times.

How do you stop the motor after you catch the quad? Left stick down and hold for 3sec? Tried to do this once but the motor just won't stop.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes it does stop - just hold it there. As soon as the motors have stopped get the catcher to turn off the battery on the Phantom before you do anything else. You don't want RTH or something silly kicking in when you are holding it!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd