Oh no! Another NYC drone in the news!

Reaction score
Here's his actual video - https://vimeo.com/91962736

Watch the Big Apple look at this as another possible terrorist threat to the city.

at least this guy didn't bounce off buildings and crash nearly hurting people like the last NYC Phantom jackass. Pretty sure this is still illegal though yes? to quote this article about last year's crash the FAA says that "UAS operations are currently not authorized in class b airspace which exists over major urban areas".

yet I know people fly in NYC parks and such, both quads and regular airplanes for example Team BlackSheep made some videos and cops were involved and just thought it was cool, even though he was flying near/over monuments which is also expressly forbidden...

I just want to take some cool videos too but so far I've been too nervous to fly over actual people, only my own and neighboring rooftops, no streets or sidewalks.

QYV said:
the FAA says that "UAS operations are currently not authorized in class b airspace which exists over major urban areas".

yet I know people fly in NYC parks and such, both quads and regular airplanes for example.
Most of Manhattan (except for the extreme southern end) is Class B to the surface. Whether or not this is a real issue is a separate discussion.

This should help:
eruvy2yq.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj