Oh. My. God. Help me.

Reaction score
Well i flew the phantom from my balcony and.... it just freaked out, lost control, flew into the woods and disappeared, I don't have any idea of where it is (its probably close to my house) i looked for it for at least an hour with no success. It did not come home. Now we need to give the guy who gave it to us a lot of money, because it was actually his... any ideas of how i can find the phantom? and how much time can the battery keep working (when the props are not spinning) so maybe at night i could see the light of the phantom and know where it is?
PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED TO GET IT BACK DESPERETLY, IM FREAKING OUT.

Well i flew the phantom from my balcony and.... it just freaked out, lost control, flew into the woods and disappeared, I don't have any idea of where it is (its probably close to my house) i looked for it for at least an hour with no success. It did not come home. Now we need to give the guy who gave it to us a lot of money, because it was actually his... any ideas of how i can find the phantom? and how much time can the battery keep working (when the props are not spinning) so maybe at night i could see the light of the phantom and know where it is?
PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED TO GET IT BACK DESPERETLY, IM FREAKING OUT.
the battery has been on for like 5 hours now (from when i started flying the phantom) and its now 17:00. Would the battery keep working until like 20:00 PM? or 21:00 PM?

Hard to say.

Depends on batt. level at time of loss.

Often, the battery will separate from the vehicle.

In the DJI app, on the main menu look for a little paper airplane in the top left corner. That will bring you to the flight logs. Click the one you just flew. It should give your a basic starting point of where to search.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440858128.163028.jpg

In the DJI app, on the main menu look for a little paper airplane in the top left corner. That will bring you to the flight logs. Click the one you just flew. It should give your a basic starting point of where to search.

View attachment 28962
My app looks different... maybe there was an update? If there was i assume i did not update. What can i Do?

If you have the pilot app, then click user center in the bottom right of the main menu, has a figure of a head and shoulders on it. That will bring up the flight log

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440858885.470864.jpg

You must have seen it entering the woods.........I'd start by circling around small and go 20ft out each time you pass ...........You'll find it ;)
Um, well, i cant really go in circles, there are paths and a road near, anything else i can do?

Sorry to say No all you can do is search that's why most add a tracker . Tell your friend get some other freinds and start looking .
I have to ask did you let it warm up get all its setting in place before you took off ?
Agin the only thing you can do is go looking

I have DJI Vision.

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1440860186.785749.jpg

Dios mio mahn.

Not familiar with that one. Start from where you think it went down. If it's in the woods just look around it will be there. Also keep an eye in the trees when you do your search as it could be above your head.

You might try Find my Phantom in the DJI Vision app. It should have the bird's last recorded GPS location. Good luck!

Maybe give us a picture of the point of entry and how high was it flying when it entered the woods?

Anything else i can do? Its night now but I don't know if its my imagination or i actually see the light of the drone... And if the battery still has power...

Sorry to say No all you can do is search that's why most add a tracker . Tell your friend get some other freinds and start looking .
I have to ask did you let it warm up get all its setting in place before you took off ?
Agin the only thing you can do is go looking
I did not warm it up/set up anything, I just turned it on and flew it straight away.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl