Oh boy ! Did I mess this up ......

Reaction score
I went out today to fly and to deplete one of my batteries since it hit 41 charges so after flying until it got to 20% I put the bird down on the ground so it was stationary but with the props whirling and I got down to 12% and all of a sudden a lovely yacht floats by and so wanting the shot I quickly removed the depleted battery and stuck in a new one - so after I get the shot all happily I re-installed the depleted battery to continue my journey to 8% :) but NOW it shows no signal at all cuz of the battery weakness is too low now so I can't see the battery percentage any longer on the app! SO Does anyone have any suggestions so Im certain that it reaches 8% so I can uninstall and stop it from going lower ? Thankyou !

Last edited:
Just charge it.
No need to be exactally 8% just once in a while drop it down lower than you normally would. I'd rather risk not dropping it low enough than dropping it too low.

It does it to me each time I discharge my batteries to 8%: No Signal, and Disconnect. Simply recharge the battery (but wait for it to cool).

SO Does anyone have any suggestions so Im certain that it reaches 8% so I can uninstall and stop it from going lower ?
Let your Phantom run with the props off until it shuts off.

You're over thinking this. You're not trying to reach a specific percentage. You just need to run the battery until it shuts off.

The controller in the battery knows what full is. Every once in a while you have to remind it what empty is. This allows it to more accurately report %. (More precisely: it allows the charge % to drop consistently instead of showing say 45% one moment and then 19% the next.)

All modern lithium battery controllers have that need. It's the same reason one should let their laptop and cellphone battery drain every so often... Just to train the controller so it can accurately report to the software.

Reactions: bbfpv

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav