OFFICIAL DJI finalized map

Looking at the No Fly zone for my area, I see that Monterey, CA Airport is listed, but the red no-fly zone only looks like the airport itself, not the 5 mile zone the FAA specifies. Is DJI making their own zones? Mapbox lists a 5 mile no-fly zone, and I thought DJI was using their data.

Actually RocketBrew, the link you posted in #13 of this thread IS the direct link to the correct GEO map. Here it is again:
@Dadcat, that is actually the old link.
Click here then click on "offline unlock". You'll see the map then.
@Daphys, Seems simple once you are there, but I was getting the two map versions (older "No Fly Zones" and the new "Advanced Unlocking") crossed depending on how I approached it. Guess they figure if I can't navigate the Web site I shouldn't be flying a UAV!
So the full link to the actual GEO map page is DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
In my area, the non-existent heliport (now an apartment complex) and two sewage treatment plants are in the green Warning areas.

@Dadcat, that is actually the old link.

@Daphys, Seems simple once you are there, but I was getting the two map versions (older "No Fly Zones" and the new "Advanced Unlocking") crossed depending on how I approached it. Guess they figure if I can't navigate the Web site I shouldn't be flying a UAV!
So the full link to the actual GEO map page is DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography
In my area, the non-existent heliport (now an apartment complex) and two sewage treatment plants are in the green Warning areas.
****! You're right! The map I was using was the link in the GEO System Introduction FAQ's that said to use "this map" instead of Airmap to see what's covered. I had to log into my account to get to the actual "Unlock" map.

It's so nice to see that the 2 maps linked to from the same main page are different. Now I'm pissed though. My house on the Oregon coast, where I do 90% of my flying, is now inside the authorization zone for an airport that has about 2 operations per week this time of year.

I wouldn't be worried about it except I had tried to beat the clock by updating the app while the app store was still showing 2.4.3. But it turned out to be 2.5. The P3 itself is still on 1.3.2 so I don't know if it's really a problem yet.

Strangely, the map in the app is still showing the "Old GEO Map" locations on both of my devices for the area around Portland, but since one of the new features is that the app won't show GEO info beyond about 60 miles, I can't see what it's thinking about my beach house. I guess I'll know in a couple of weeks when I'm there.

They've sure created a "Rat's Nest" here - complete with hidden traps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers