Odd - Video starts rolling after each photo is taken

Reaction score
While flying today I noticed what appeared to be an odd behavior with the camera. Mine is set to RAW, and when I starting taking photos, it captured an image and them immediately started recording video after the shot was complete. I stopped the video recording and tested it again and the same behavior occurred.

I then realized I had changed a setting in the iPhone App after my last flight. Specifically I changed the "When Connection Breaks" setting to "Start Recording." (It had been set to "Stay in Idle") So, I switched it back to "Stay in Idle" and took some additional photos and the video recording did not start after each photo.

Perhaps I am misunderstanding the purpose of the setting. I was under the impression that the "When Connection Breaks" setting controls what the camera does when the App is no longer connected to the camera. For that reason I had changed it to "Start Recording" so that I would have video footage in the event of a disconnection. (Which is pretty much what the description in the App says.)

Apparently it also causes (at least on my P2V) the video to start rolling after each photo is taken. Has anyone else experienced this, or can anyone shed some light on it?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

In an ideal world, yes, this setting would act exactly as you expected it to. I fell for it as well.

What I guess is happening is that since there is so much more data in the RAW (DNG) file it causes a temporary loss of connection with the aircraft as its brain struggles to write the file to the on-board memory card. As soon as it's done, the connection re-establishes fluidly but by that point this other "feature" has kicked in and started the video recording.

My take away - no painful to watch crash videos in my future. :)

Mine is set to continuous capture and when I take a raw pic, it come back with the interval picture setting. This must be a glitch in their software. Going to set mine to idle and see if it fixes this issue - very annoying!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20