Odd SD card issue?

Reaction score
A few weeks ago I took a trip up to Vermont and got some pictures with my P3S. I bought a new SanDisk Pixtor advanced with 64gb since I don't have a laptop I could unload videos and pictures onto during the trip. I had no issues with the card during the trip or unloading it when i got back home.
Today I tried plugging the card into my primary pc but it wouldn't be recognized. I am using some cheap card reader that came with an older toy drone so I concluded that was the issue. I tried putting the card into a digital picture frame but it would freeze up every time I inserted it. I tried putting the card in my secondary pc which has a built in card reader on it, the card was recognized but windows did not want to do anything with it until I formatted it. Finally i put the card back in my phantom and every picture and video shows up with no problems.
I will be getting a new card reader for my primary pc which i did successfully offload pictures to once but i'm not sure why nothing but the phantom wants to detect what's on the card. Any ideas?

Strange. Not sure about the standard but the gimbal on the advanced/pro can be used as a card reader using the USB port on the gimbal.

Strange. Not sure about the standard but the gimbal on the advanced/pro can be used as a card reader using the USB port on the gimbal.
Standard does have a port i can export from and I do have everything I care about on it saved to my pc but it's hard to trust this card completely since my other pc says i need to format it for some reason.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj