Odd Flytrex data

Reaction score
I just received my Core 2 the other day and on the second flight i logged i noticed very high altitude spikes. 3 of them when i yawed 360 deg. the spikes were in the range of several hundred feet, when in actuality the aircraft remained at the same altitude . the core is mounted on the right hand side of the body near the rear arm.

this is the flytrex link to the flight. http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... rdo-70496/ any insight would be appreciated . (i'm uploading the video for the flight now, it will be at the flytrex link )

thanks

joe

I have the Flytrex Live and I can't trust the heading data at all, based on using it in a couple Dashware videos. It will show a heading of 225 when I know it's actually around 75. It seems to do a decent job at logging accurate height and horizontal speed measurements.

Methinks flight data won't truly be trustworthy until there is a combination of a Flytrex device and radar equipment (or even LIDAR?) to verify each other's measurements and cancel out the aberrant data. Just like real aircraft have now.

joeg1717 said:
I just received my Core 2 the other day and on the second flight i logged i noticed very high altitude spikes. 3 of them when i yawed 360 deg. the spikes were in the range of several hundred feet, when in actuality the aircraft remained at the same altitude . the core is mounted on the right hand side of the body near the rear arm.

this is the flytrex link to the flight. http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... rdo-70496/ any insight would be appreciated . (i'm uploading the video for the flight now, it will be at the flytrex link )

thanks

joe
How did you attach core 2? Did you block the little hole on the back? I mounted mine on the front leg and it is very accurate. :D

its the same with my flytrex core it says that I am higher then I am. the hole is not covered and I have installed by flytrex how to from they site.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20