Oct 14 Camera Test with Vision

Reaction score
OK, Last one. (sorry about the repost on last video, I guess I am new to this.)

this one gives some good video footage FROM the Vision camera. Alas not still images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFG0tqx6RO8

BTW, does anyone know if the Vision camera can be aimed directly down AKA perpendicular to the ground.
I need that for my artwork. Thanks!

Nice video. At first look it seems similar to a well balanced phantom without a gimbal. No real active flying shots for comparison, lots of standing still. Nice recording options to the phone and being able to see the shot. But is it gopro quality?

Very nice and it seems to be quality video. The one feature that I would miss is the three axis gimbal that I have on the old Phantom.

I wonder if you are able to remove the camera and hang a gimbal with the GoPro? Not enough information has been given on that.

Everything I have seen indicates that without heavy modification the built in camera on the Vision would be too hard to remove. I am sure an overzealous DIYer might, but why? The Phantom II which is coming out a bit later is the direct replacement to the original Phantom and the Vision is a new all-in-one platform. The Phantom II is also a means to sell an updated Zenmuse and create a more top of the line system with regards to stabilized video. I also hear rumors that DJI might be working with GoPro on an app that would work like the app for the Vision.

For me the Vision will be perfect. I sent back my Phantom I (Amazon, 27th day after I bought it.) because my set up using the Sony RX100 ii was just too iffy. A balanced system is better for me since I am more in it for the still shots than anything else. I am bummed I won't be able to aim it directly down though. Its probably gonna be $85 bucks for batteries too...ouch.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31