Ocean City, NJ Banning Drones

I wonder why they didn't create a TFR (NOTAM). At least that would be under the FAA. Really glad I'm in the UK. Feel sorry for you US'ers

The mayor is scared because he saw a gun on a drone (already illegal to discharge) and a drone fall in a stadium (again, already illegal). So he thought a ban on all drones was appropriate? I wonder if he's ever seen a Frisbee, baseball or automobile. All of these things are far more dangerous but they are not banned. Just shoes you the amount of ignorant people in power.

Not to mention that is ban is clearly illegal. Looks like they will have a public hearing on the matter. If you live there and don't show up to voice your opinion on this illegal action than you are just accepting these illegal actions.

Well don't this expand the level of arrogance to a massive level. The ordinance expands the "No Fly" zone around the island for 5 miles. Although these municipalities can certainly draft ordinances that make it illegal to endanger life and property generally, they have ZERO authority to attempt to regulate airspace either over their city or around the island.

I really need to stop reading these threads as they just keep showing me how stupid these people are. The mayor is worried about things that are _already_ illegal happening so he wants to ban all drones. I guess making something twice illegal means it won't happen in his city. And is this affect the other 99.9999999999% of the people who cause no harm, it's well worth it.

They are correct... you can't cure stupid.

I'm not even going to state the obvious, that the city cannot regulate airspace and that this regulation on all property within the city is probably illegal as well.

That's ********. I live in Linwood and I'm not even 5 miles away. What's the big deal ? The have pars boated and all kinds of crap there. Why would they worry if I flew my drone over the inlet and beach at this time of year ? There's nothing there now. I can see if the beaches are crowded.
Let us know when the meeting is.

New technology, amazing views and economic growth. Yet, our govt response from cities to the Feds is to ban it. There's been no attack, no one has been harmed, so ban it. Yet we do nothing with the things that cause real harm - guns, narcotics, etc. We're the admiration of many for freedom and that freedom looks to be at great risk with new rule after rule. What ever is new, innovative, game changing someone is looking to regulate it or ban it. Our country was not built on that. We need to get back to what made our country great. Enough with the senseless bans.

I never knew until now, but they do have a little airport, so maybe they can ban drones, but the Mayor should have just said that was the reason. Instead of sounding like a puss about drones scaring the hell out of him. Especially the drone with the gun. Lol
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1445689542.205669.jpg

Gillian is the mayor and also owns the largest amusement park on the island.
Yes there is an airport. A 5 mile radius would run into ALL of SomersPoint, A few blocks of Linwood , LongPort (south Of 15th street)Strathmear, Palermo , Seaville Beeslys point , Marmora

This is Gillians wonderland pier

.1999 A woman and her 8-year-old daughter were killed and two others were seriously injured

Aug 30 2004 Police and state officials are investigating after a child riding a Boardwalk roller coaster apparently got wedged beneath one of its cars.

July 23, 2007 i5 Injured at Gillian's Wonderland Pier
'Log Flume' malfunctions; three victims identified

AUG 25 2013,,, A young girl (4 years old)was injured on a ride at Gillian's Wonderland Pier on Sunday

There are a 2 more serious accidents and many minor incidents .
This is a copy and paste that I saved from Steve Mann from our forums that the powers to be deleted with the following message
Your thread Besides the municipal airport ???? was deleted. Reason: Your post was deleted. It was posted in the wrong section and there are already several threads on the topic. Please search and please post in the correct areas.
2:59 AM

#1 I guess it would have been to hard to move it to the correct forum
#2 This is the only thread I'v seen and it was posted a few hours before mine

Whatever,
I'v read a lot of steve's post and apparently he's the guy who knows the LAW
this was Steve's reply,,,,,,,,

49 USC § 40103 - "Sovereignty and use of airspace":

(a) Sovereignty and Public Right of Transit.—

(1) The United States Government has exclusive sovereignty of airspace of the United States.

Only the FAA can create a "no-fly" zone.

Only the FAA can regulate flight.

My follow up question was ,,,what legal action can we(I) take when they do try to enforce this (or confiscate my drone)??
But thats when the thread got deleted

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20