Occasional yellow lights while flying?

Reaction score
I was just out testing a camera mount by hovering just about 5'-10' off the ground in a hover. I waited to take off until I had green lights. Upon starting the motors, the front lights went red and the rear green. So far so good. I lifted off the ground into a hover to make sure everything seemed right. While it hovered, I noticed the green flashing light kept flashing yellow every now and then. Maybe 5-8 green flashes then 2-3 yellow. I was only in the air for a few minutes but it did this even after I landed. Any help?

I have had the same thing while flying in a reasonably dense forest.

As the others have said, it means you are losing satellites .

I also notice on my FPV monitor that the satellite icon flashes at the same time and I am usually down to 4 satellites. Flying out of the trees always recovers this.

Yep, sounds like you lost satellites, then re-acquired them ... but I'd watch it very carefully and take it easy on the next few flights.

I was flying around the house (outside) the other day (weather too crappy to travel to a field location) and was low behind the house (losing good view of the southern sky) when the rear lights turned yellow and the P2V lurched a bit. I pulled up and away from the house and the green came back.

This happens to me as well. The other day I noticed I would get a yellow flash after about 5 green flashes. Everything was ok as far as controlling the bird.... I just added zenmuse and go pro and I'm a bit gun shy I gotta admit. It's almost like I'm anticipating this thing to just take off and lose a g in the process. I hope I can get over this fear lol every time the wind takes it I get squeamish....

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20