Obtaining License or renewal during Covid?

Reaction score
Hey all! Just curious if anyone has newly obtained or has been able to renew their Part 107 license during all thats been going on... I assume exam offices have been close but perhaps have opened back up?

Thanks!

You can renew your currency online.

My article has all of the answers.

Reactions: ron-ep
Hey all! Just curious if anyone has newly obtained or has been able to renew their Part 107 license during all thats been going on... I assume exam offices have been close but perhaps have opened back up?

Thanks!
Hi...my part 107 became non-current (as opposed to expired as they never expire) in March. Remote Pilot reviewed the FAA's 'fix', which is that licenses becoming non current beginning 4/1 (no joke) could apply online for a six month extension of sorts. March is out of luck even though testing sites were closed in March.

I'm deliberating over the value of taking the re-current exam. Depending on the type of commercial work, I believe the money would be better spent on liability insurance. In part, I have taken this position because no one has ever asked about my certification. I believe that it is rarely if ever enforced.

Assuming you do commercial work, what has been your experience regarding having the license?

Hi...my part 107 became non-current (as opposed to expired as they never expire) in March. Remote Pilot reviewed the FAA's 'fix', which is that licenses becoming non current beginning 4/1 (no joke) could apply online for a six month extension of sorts. March is out of luck even though testing sites were closed in March.

I'm deliberating over the value of taking the re-current exam. Depending on the type of commercial work, I believe the money would be better spent on liability insurance. In part, I have taken this position because no one has ever asked about my certification. I believe that it is rarely if ever enforced.

Assuming you do commercial work, what has been your experience regarding having the license?
You could miss out on some good jobs that come up, that would require a license. Also having a license, you wouldn’t have to keep looking over your shoulder wondering who might turn you in? It also gives you a good feeling knowing that you are doing what is right.

I just registered yesterday for the first time test at a PSI office (which has just reopened for testing), for a week from now, using the PSI online registration process. Lots of the 'close' testing sites (my nearest is 95 mi away, have settled for one 140 miles away) seem to still be closed or fully booked (can't tell the difference in the scheduling tool), but others had appointments available.

Reactions: dronesky
Took test May 6th at PSI so they are open at some locations

You could miss out on some good jobs that come up, that would require a license. Also having a license, you wouldn’t have to keep looking over your shoulder wondering who might turn you in? It also gives you a good feeling knowing that you are doing what is right.
By good jobs, do you mean like this?

I dont see my p4a competing with that, though if you watch the vid you'll see the playground spray be completely ineffective

I just re-did mine about a week ago in Auburn California at a flight school. It seemed business as usual. No restrictions or signs whatsoever. It was a small room with another tester about 3 feet away. I think this is just the rural attitude so I'm probably gonna die now. Situations will vary by counties and states.

Thanks!

Reactions: ron-ep
By good jobs, do you mean like this?

I dont see my p4a competing with that, though if you watch the vid you'll see the playground spray be completely ineffective

The bottom line is if you are making money you are required by regulation to be certificated. Yes, you might get away with operating illegally. You might not. Can you really afford the consequences if you get caught?

Reactions: dronesky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.