Obstacle avoidance return to home not working on second obstacle?

Reaction score
I haven't done this myself, but I have seen two videos now, where obstacle avoidance return to home will work with the first time, stop, go higher. However, when it reaches a second obstacle(or a continuation after its 5 meters) it appears to get confused?

This video here shows it stopping and going higher - 5 meters (like it says) but then it just bobs there. Until the user gains control.

edit: this potentially is caused by reaching altitude limit.

This is one flying return to home in trees, it avoids the first tree but then doesn't seem to climb and crashes into the second?

(skip to 11 minutes)

Last edited:
Ok, some other people have said with that skyscraper, that it potentially hit its altitude limit which is why it didn't continue going up.

Great story! Divine intervention bro! I have learned to fly my inspire and p3 by the radar screen in the lower left corner. I lost signal once, and by instinct switched to atti mode and flew it back pointing the triangle to wards me, watched and increased my altitude and flew it back. Just like flying a plane with instruments when visibility goes to zero. Learn to use your instruments and fly in atti mode. It can save your bacon!

Reactions: Patrick

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1