Obstacle Avoidance Not Working

Reaction score
My maiden flight, I got a message "Propeller Guard Detected OA not engaged". Obviously I do not have guards on. It said to restart and if error message appears again contact support. I rebooted, checked all my settings and seemed ok. Took off and tried to test the OA by walking towards it, it never moved. I could see the warning lines on my control and it even beeped but it did not move away from me as I approached.

Any ideas? I am thinking of returning this to Apple for another one while I still can.

BTW, I did all the firmware updates prior.

Thanks

Last edited:
You think? Maybe you are right.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

You think? Maybe you are right.

Same problem I had when I started my Phantom 4. I think the problem was the grid rail in front of the camera which led the P4 to think that they were guard rail. When I turned the camera at an empty space and restart, it worked normal again.

Hope that helps.

I guess that makes sense. I think all the pre delivery talk about how we were going to have to hand catch for landings from behind made me think it would back away from us if we approached it. I will experiment some more on my next flight. Sucks only having one battery, my two spares should arrive Wednesday.

Thanks for the responses.

My maiden flight, I got a message "Propeller Guard Detected OA not engaged". Obviously I do not have guards on. It said to restart and if error message appears again contact support. I rebooted, checked all my settings and seemed ok. Took off and tried to test the OA by walking towards it, it never moved. I could see the warning lines on my control and it even beeped but it did not move away from me as I approached.

Any ideas? I am thinking of returning this to Apple for another one while I still can.

BTW, I did all the firmware updates prior.

Thanks

It sounds like the restart did fix the problem but as far as I know, walking towards the drone isn't the correct way to test it. You should try flying TOWARDS something to see if it works but I assume it is as you saw the warning lines on the display and heard the beep. There is an advanced setting that is turned off by default, where the drone won't fly backwards when approached unless you enable the setting.

Isnt there a setting that enables it to fly backwords to avoid obstacles???? I swear i saw this on a video in utube.

I think you're talking about the setting that allows the P4 to fly backwards during active track, unless you have this set it will always follow traveling forward , but in cases if you go to orbit your subject and want it to continue flying backwards during active track you need this setting, but nothing to do specifically with object avoidance.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik