Object avoidance, how good is this?

Reaction score
If following a person through tree sections, how good will this object avoidance be? Will it detect small branches in the way?

Ive been wondering this too. Anyone with a P4 that can comment how good obsticle avoidance is? If it will have problems with a wire fence, I can't help but think small tree branches without leaves will be a problem. It's never when the leaves are out that I have issues, it's when leaves are off and there is a branch sticking out farther than I realize.

Yeah, I've got some power lines in my area, so I need to do some wire avoidance testing first.

Since no one has the post production model of the Mavic..... this question (which requires one) might be a bit difficult to answer.

I suspect it will be about the same as the P4.

The documentation also mentions that it may not pick up small branches (especially as we move into winter). Also remember that OA raises the altitude on the Mavic, and it does not have cameras that point upwards.

Similarly, I was under the impression that OA on the P4 also moved around objects instead of just above them, but I haven't seen any mention of that on any discussion of the Mavic's OA. Not sure if that's an intentional difference, or just a 'given'.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31