Obama clears 2000 miles of Montana land for drones.

Reaction score
Obama Clears 2,000 Square Miles Of U.S. Airspace For New Free-Range Drone Preserve

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1470868934.597496.jpg

Sounds good on the surface. But with the Government, there always seems to be a catch. Wouldn't surprise me that it eventually becomes similar to a MOA requiring the permission of some controlling agent to enter the space. For me, that's a long way to travel (from western Ohio) to find some 'allowed' flying space! Wouldn't it be great if this was the start of a trend creating a number of such preserves around the country. May not a lot of exciting photo ops, but it would be nice to know going in that you were really allowed to fly somewhere!

Sounds good on the surface. But with the Government, there always seems to be a catch. Wouldn't surprise me that it eventually becomes similar to a MOA requiring the permission of some controlling agent to enter the space. For me, that's a long way to travel (from western Ohio) to find some 'allowed' flying space! Wouldn't it be great if this was the start of a trend creating a number of such preserves around the country. May not a lot of exciting photo ops, but it would be nice to know going in that you were really allowed to fly somewhere!

I feel a nibble.... STRIKE, have a live one on the line!
Dude, that's an Onion link. It's a parody site :)

Reactions: mikesmiley
Nah, I bit and swallowed whole!! Should have remembered the old adage "if it sounds too good to be true,.......".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav