Nvidia shield tablet with P4?

Reaction score
Hi, I just ordered my 1st drone, a Phantom P4 and am looking at adding the Nvidia Shield as the tablet. Has anyone used this tablet with a Phantom 4 yet and can share feedback? Would there be any disadvantage to using the Shield versus an Apple product? I would prefer to get the Shield as it is far less than the iPad but would get an Apple product if there were compelling reasons to go that route. Thanks!

I guess it depends what architecture you have already invested in. I am using the Shield exclusively for the Phantom even though I have all iPhones/Macs. Didn't make sense spending three times more for the iPad Mini 4 Cell. I might switch over to the new iPad if it's amazing, for no other reason than I don't really like Android.

So far no issues with the Shield though.

The Nvidia Shield K1 is a great tablet and will work just fine. You can find a list of other recommended and commonly used tablets here.

Just an FYI, in July 2015, Nvidia issued a recall on its Shield tablets due to battery overheating. If interested see:

NVIDIA Initiates Safety Recall of SHIELD Tablets (Update: 4 Units Have Overheated)

I am not looking to bad mouth Nvidia. I just bought a Shield tablet myself and believe they make good products. I have used their video adapters for many years.

NVIDIA’s recall covers SHIELD Tablets manufactured between July 2014 and July 2015.

Flew for the first few months with a Shield tablet. Got the recall notice and sprung for an iPad Air 2. However, I got a factory replacement that's brand new that was turned on to activate and has been since sitting in a drawer in its box. Been trying to get rid of it since September. Hint Hint. [emoji23].

Seriously though, it was a great tablet. Highly suggest an anti-glare screen protector and a sun hood too

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I love my nVidia shield, but the screen is very hard to see in bright sunlight, even with a screen cover over the tablet. I quite often resort to my S6 when the sun is out.

Last edited:
Just an FYI, in July 2015, Nvidia issued a recall on its Shield tablets due to battery overheating. If interested see:

NVIDIA Initiates Safety Recall of SHIELD Tablets (Update: 4 Units Have Overheated)

I am not looking to bad mouth Nvidia. I just bought a Shield tablet myself and believe they make good products. I have used their video adapters for many years.

NVIDIA’s recall covers SHIELD Tablets manufactured between July 2014 and July 2015.

that would be the original, no longer available.

folks are typically speaking of the shield K1 at this point.
completely different and new a few months back!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers