Nvidia Shield K1 owners - new update today

Reaction score
Nvidia released Android 6.0 Marshmallow for the Shield! Go!

Last edited:
Awesome! I'm updating now.

So what's your take on marshmallow on the Shield K1?
I just ordered a Shield for use with my P3a, and I'm wondering if you've run into any issues that would make me want to wait on the update.

I want to know this too. I heard that the K1 was buggy especially with Marshmallow..
Being around the android community, I would feel uneasy about having a unstable device flying a drone.

If you haven't updated to Marshmallow already, don't do it just yet! Nvidia has been slow to get a proper fix out for the compass failure. I'm sure others who have made the move to Marshmallow will agree with the above. The Shield K1 is awesome as is with the P3P and with HDMI output for FPV goggles like the Headplay unit is the bee's knees.

Does anyone know if the Shield K1 will fit in the DJI hard shell backpack?
It will not fit inside. I was a bit disappointed about this. I guess it may fit if you were to modify the foam, I didn't bother to try. I don't mind though as the Shield K1 is awesome with it.
Perhaps someone else was successful and can post pictures of what they did to get it to fit. But in its stock form, the K1 will not fit.

Does anyone know if the Shield K1 will fit in the DJI hard shell backpack?
It fits inside mine.. without a case. it's a snug fit in one of the side slots, and has to go in before the drone. The slots are foam so they are flexible.

It fits inside mine.. without a case. it's a snug fit in one of the side slots, and has to go in before the drone. The slots are foam so they are flexible.

Perfect thanks for that. I will be ordering one then. Any chance you could post a picture of it sitting inside.

Last edited:
My iPadAir 2 fits and it only took a small bit of modification, the shield is smaller and should be easy.

Yes, please post some pictures of your case layout. I like to carry everything when I go out with it; charger, charging hub, spare props, harness, ND filter kit. So, I just keep it separated and thank goodness I haven't forgotten to take the Shield with me. I may have just jinxed myself though.
So again, please post some pictures.

Ok the so the k1 showed up today and wouldn't fit in my Dji backpack [emoji35]. Had to start cutting, first picture shows the way at sat before cutting.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455923654.214018.jpg

The next shows you can force it down a bit but there's no way the Phantom will fit on top.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455923757.793288.jpg

Next few pictures show the way it sits after cutting.
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455923854.680453.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455923880.899591.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455923906.236319.jpg

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1455923933.756753.jpg

Few thing to ask about the K1. Is it normal for the camera view not to fill the full screen? Does the k1 not show the map and radar at the same time (black lines top and bottom). Mines doesn't seem to. I am sure I have seen videos on YouTube that so both on the K1

Few thing to ask about the K1. Is it normal for the camera view not to fill the full screen? Does the k1 not show the map and radar at the same time (black lines top and bottom). Mines doesn't seem to. I am sure I have seen videos on YouTube that so both on the K1
Screenshot?

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj